intro

THIS STORY CONSISTS OF: VIOLENCE, SEXUAL ACTIONS, AND ALSO MAY CONTAIN SOME CURSE WORDS. HOPE YOU ENJOY.
__________

BANG!!!!

I gasped, placing my hand at where the bullet went in.

In disbelief, I stood there as the car where the gun appeared sped off, leaving a trace of white smoke.

"ROSE!"

I heard shouts from behind me. I turned to see who it was, but then my knees got weak, and I collapsed onto the floor.

IS THIS THE END OF ME?
IS THIS HOW I LEAVE THE WORLD?
_________
5 YEARS AGO:

"MBALI!!!"

I was startled awake by my mum's shout. Her shout got my heart racing, and my whole body trembling immediately.

She must have called me more than once, and that's what scared me.

I jumped out of the bed and raced to the bathroom while my mum mumbled complaints loud enough for me to hear.

"It's not my fault I'm late. You forced me to do a mountain of dishes last night."

Is what I would have said if I wanted a slap across the face this early in the morning.

Before I carry on with my story, let me introduce myself .

My name is Mbali, but people call me Rose, and I am from South Africa.

I have light brown skin, honey, brown eyes, and black hair. I am 14 years old, Zulu girl, who is currently in grade 8.

Anyway, like while I was brushing my teeth as fast as I possibly could, I had a flush back, AKA remembered parts of my dream.

Damn, for some reason, I was smiling like carzy but also looked shocked at the same time.

Ok, let me give you some information which will help you understand why I'm blushing for a dream.

So, like, 3 or 4 weeks ago, I started having weird dreams, I dreamt about two shadow men who I actually started falling in love with.

I call them shadow men because that's what I saw, shadows with no body.

I know it's crazy, falling in love with potential ghosts, but I couldn't help myself. The dreams I had with these shadows seemed so real and were full of emotion.

I even started hoping that they were real people and not just a fiction of my imagination.

So now I'm staring blankly at the mirror,thinking. And again, my mum's shout brought me back to reality.

"GET OUT OF THERE!"

I knew the shout was directed to me, so I very quickly finished brushing my teeth  and splashed my face one last time with water before running out of the bathroom back to my room.

My Monday morning really wasn't starting well.

I kind of like Mondays because I get to see my best friend, Ashley, but hate them because of all the incomplete homework I have in my bag. And this Monday specifically was the worst, but hey, I know my bestie has something pretty silly to tell me and just make my day.

Ashley is the best and the greatest friend I have ever had. I met her on the first day of high school, but it feels like we have known each other for a very long time.

But these days, I had to fight for her attention because of this girl called Felicia.

Felicia's skin was way lighter than mine. She had short black hair and was a few inches shorter than me.