The Daisho Caper part 1

Flashback to VILE Academy

Shadowsan: Japan. The Land  of the Rising  Sun is located off the coast of Eastern Asia. It is a country filled with sights to behold, magnificent temples and pagodas, cherry blossoms which bloom in spring.

A sumo wrestler grunts

Shadowsan: Even fearsome sumo wrestlers. Legend holds that Japan was created when the ancient ones dipped the blade of a Jeweled spear into the sea. When the blade was removed, drops fell back into the sea, and those drops became the island of Japan. Tomorrow, Professor Maelstrom will tell you all about Scandinavia.

Carmen: No! I wanna go to Japan!

Shadowsan: Perhaps someday you shall, Black Sheep.

Carmen: Will you take me there?

Flash forward

Carmen: Shadowsan, Shadowsan! Tell me again how Japan was made by a spear! Please?

Shadowsan: That was a mere legend, a fairy tale. You are old enough now to know the truth. My country was not forged by magic, but by brave warriors called "samurai" who lived for honor and were willing to give their lives to defend it.

Flash forward

Carmen: I want this more than anything, instructor Shadowsan.

Shadowsan: You had better be certain that becoming a professional thief is what you truly desire. For if you choose this path, there will be no turning back.

Back in the present, Carmen gasps and wakes up on a moving train. The PA chimes.

Woman over PA (in Japanese): We are arriving at Matsumoto station. Please watch your step.

The PA chimes

Carmen: Hey, guys?

Ivy: What? Huh? Is it karaoke time?

Carmen: Where's Shadowsan?

Lincoln: He did sneak off!

They exit the train

Ivy: Yo! Shadow-lo-yadalow-at-her-hoo!

Lincoln: Are you yodeling?

Zack: Oh, Shadowsan!

Carmen: He said he had personal matters to attend to. I wasn't expecting another vanishing act.

Lincoln: It's getting old.

Player: He's a ninja. It's his thing.

Carmen: We'll, it's getting old.

Player: So, why would Shadowsan jump ship at Matsumoto City? There doesn't seem to be much around here.

Carmen: Unless you're into historic samurai castles.

Carmen and Lincoln enters Matsumoto castle.

Player: Any sign of him?

Carmen chuckles

Carmen: Just one.

She crouches in front of a glass case holding a katakana