The Stockholm Syndrome Caper

At VILE island with Faculty

Maelstrom: All in favor? And all who oppose? Esteemed fellow faculty, we really must come to a consensus on this potentially grave matter.

Cleo: Gunnar, you are advising that we abandon the very paradise from which we have built our empire.

Brunt: And this year's class is our fiercest ever. Why quit now?

Bellum: No one here is suggesting that VILE quit, Coach Brunt. Merely relocate. The change of scenery could do us some good, reinvigorate our masterminding.

Cleo: I suppose we don't really know how many of our secrets the traitors have shared with this ACME.

Maelstrom: If Shadowsan and Carmen Sandiego really are working hand in hand with a secret law enforcement agency, it is only a matter of time before invading forces come rowing onto our shore.

(Transition to snow capped Stockholm.)

Zari: Target is in our sights.

Chief: I didn't have you follow Carmen Sandiego all the way to Sweden to watch her sightsee. Bring her in.

(Multiple agents track the person in the red hat and coat. Jules slips into an ally to call Chief.)

Chief: Make it quick, Argent.

Jules: After what transpired in Milan, you agreed to consider my recommendation that we recruit Carmen Sandiego.

Chief: And I did. But we can't recruit her while she's on the run. We need to pin her down.

Jules: If we try to pin her, we could lose any trust I have already earned from her. I suggest that we remain patient.

Chief: Have you been chasing VILE for 20 years, Agent Argent? I have. And our lady super thief may be the key to finally leading me to them.

Jules: I understand that, and I am certain I can get her to cooperate. I just need a face-to-face with her.

Zari: Yes, chief?

Chief: Stand down until further notice. Agent Argent is running point on this op now.

Zari: Understood.

She hangs up and puts the pen away

Jules: Okay, Julia, you went and put yourself on the line. You can't let Chief or Carmen down.

Carmen: Jules. We need to talk.

Jules: I was going to suggest the same thing. But if your behind me, who exactly have we been following?

With Carmen decoy

Ivy: Yo, Zack, those suits still on my coattail?

Zack: Don't you mean Carmen's coattail, Ivy? You've played decoy before, but how's it feel to be wearing her actual coat?

Ivy: Kinda tight in the shoulders, but powerful.

Zack: Hey, if you're being Carmen, that makes me Player right? Stockholm, city in Sweden, famous for, uh, stocks, homes, and, uh, ooh, those little meatballs. Who knew meat could be so delicious in a ball?

(Ivy laughs and we see a totally unimpressed Player.)

Player: Real funny. There's more to Stockholm than just meatballs guys. Located just 500 miles south of the Arctic Circle, Sweden's capital's built on 14 islands with 57 bridges.