The Deep Dive Caper

(Carmen and Lincoln are  on a boat in the middle of the ocean. Zack and Ivy man the helm.)

Player: You're risking your neck on the word of Coach Brunt without even trying to talk to Shadowsan?

Carmen: So he can tell me only half the story like always? No, Player, I'll learn what there is to know about my family all on my own, the only sure way I know. I'm going back to VILE Island.

Ivy: She said she'd never go back.

Zack: I said I'd never go back to that cheese steak joint in Southie after it made my guts explode, but, mm-hmm, those peppers and onions!

Lincoln: Not the best analogy, Zack.

Ivy: My fist is gonna make your guts explode if you say anything to upset Carmen!

Carmen: Every mission in VILE's history is archived on their mainframe. I'll infiltrate the server room and sync you in so you can download the case files. It'll be just like old times.

Player: Red, are you sure this isn't one for ACME?

Carmen: Coach Brunt's little sneak attack on the train fried my communicator. I have no way of contacting Chief.

Player: I can probably help with that.

Carmen: What?

Player: I traced her transmission when I spotted you talking to her in Botswana. It was Shadowsan's idea.

Carmen: Infiltrating VILE requires stealth. If they saw ACME coming, they'd wipe all data from the site and I might never learn the truth.

Zack: Carm, approaching position!

Carmen: Lincoln, stay with Zack and Ivy.

Lincoln: O......K........

(As they approach the island Carmen see's the island has been scrubbed.)

Carmen: No!

Player: Red, what is it?

Carmen: It's gone. The Academy, all of it.

(Flashback to two weeks earlier at VILE Academy. The Faculty members stand outside, facing the ocean.)

Maelstrom: Our glorious institution has weathered many storms, and I have every conviction that we will weather this one.

Bellum: We should welcome this new chapter in VILE's history as a new beginning.

Brunt: Like our last "new beginning" went so well? That would be the day Shadowsan brought Black Sheep to this island. And for that, I vow to mash him up and stuff him into her fancy red hat!

Maelstrom: There are more devastating ways to wreak revenge than bodily harm, Coach deares.

Brunt: Oh? I'm not personally familiar with those ways.

Maelstrom: Have you forgotten that we possess secrets which would certainly put the two of them at each other's throats?

Cleo: Imagine what payback Carmen Sandiego might wreak upon Shadowsan if she ever learned the truth.

Brunt: Let them destroy each other from the inside out.

Maelstrom: Do consider planting that seed in Carmen's head instead of your fist the next time she darkens your path. Who knows? In Botswana perhaps.