The Big Bad Ivy Caper

VILE HQ

Bellum: Esteemed colleagues, I am thrilled to announce that I have solved our problem.

Brunt: You went and found spare parts to repair our brain wipe doohickey?

Bellum: Our ongoing problem.

Maelstrom: You captured Carmen Sandiego?

Bellum: Our separate-but-related other ongoing problem. The all-too-frequent failures of our highly-trained operatives, even with our two new recruits, which I can only attribute to... human error.

Maelstrom: Not again.

Cleo: We should never allow Saira to visit her Himalayan Laboratory without adult supervision. She simply has too many toys there.

Bellum: If we remove human error from the equation, our success rate would skyrocket, and I would no longer be tasked with wiping memories of VILE from our former students.

Brunt: So, you're going to train monkeys to steal for us?

Bellum: (Laughs) It is quite funny if you picture it. But do not be absurd, Coach Brunt. Programming will eliminate any need for training, with... the ultimate VILE operative.

(Bellum reveals a robot and powers it up.)

Bellum: My Robo-Robber is programmed to steal, with hands of steel.

(The robot takes the controls out of Bellum's hands and begins to walk away.)

Bellum: No, no, no! Oh, no! You don't want to do... that.

(There's an explosion as the robot wanders around grabbing anything and everything. It destroys itself in the explosion.)

Bellum: A minor hiccup, we'll circle back.

Brunt: Hiccup? More like a belch.

Maelstrom: Perhaps we should focus our attention on a rather large sum of stolen gold bullion currently languishing in Bavaria.

Cleo: My operative has been dispatched, Gunnar. In fact, we cooked up a rather delicious plan to smuggle it out of the country.

(Transition to Team Red base of operations.)

Player: Red, I have intel that VILE's planning a meet and greet with someone who calls herself Madame Goldlove.

Carmen: There's a name. Think they might be meeting to discuss, oh, I don't know? The gold that vanished from that German bank a few weeks back?

Player: Bingo. The meet's happening in the German state of Bavaria. Exactly 24 hours from now during first... period.

Carmen: First period?

Player: There's... something I need to tell you, Red. Mom and dad decided I spend way too much time alone in my room, which mean goodbye, home school, and hello, public school.

Carmen: That... may take some getting used to.

Player: Or not. Phone, laptop, tablet. I plan on staying connected.

Carmen: I appreciate that, Player, but really, school comes first.

Player: Says the drop-out.

Carmen: Crime school doesn't count, and you know I'm all about education.

Player: Ha! Well, can't be late on my first day. I'll book your flight from the school bus.