Chapter 28

Don't ask me how I ended up here. Because I don't know it myself.

Right now, I was in the passenger seat of Ayaan Sir's SUV while he drove it adjusting the music of the car.

Before I could reach his office, I was stopped again by the same peon who told me to meet Ayaan Sir in the parking lot.

I was told we were going to an important meeting with a new PR company. And he needed his marketing head with him.

Usually Marketing and PR work closely for the production houses. But it was all weird because I knew nothing about the meeting or the company.

I was shut off saying this was not a kickoff meeting but just an informal introductory meeting to test the waters. And it was on the outskirts of Mumbai. Lonavala. We were on a highway soon.

"But Sir.." I was about to shoot another question when I was shut down.

"Ayaan"

"Huh?!"

"Ayaan. Call me Ayaan. Not Sir." He demanded.

"But you are my boss. It's weird." I explained.

"Don't you think our relationship is way past the formalities, Anatara?" My name rolled down from his tongue with such ease – it almost made me tremble. His words made me reel back to what all Aarav had said. But, I was actively trying to ignore that in my head. If I went into that black hole again. My head would explode.

Some fights can be fought later. Right now, I was a professional.

"Ayaan" I emphasised. "Can you please tell me anything about the meeting we are going to?" I asked extra sweetly.

"Antaraa" He emphasized mimicking me. One thing about Ayaan is that he can be incredibly charming if he wants to be. Too bad he mostly hides it. "I already told you we are going to a meeting with a PR company". He continued.

"But I need the details. I should be prepared" I raised my hands exparated.

"What you need to do is chill a little, little Antara". What's up with these nicknames and everyone today. "You know what you actually need?"

"What?" I asked still annoyed.

"McDonald's. Just the thing that can make anyone's day bright."

I pinched myself to check if I am dreaming. Is this the same cold superstar I know?

I realise I must look stupid pinching myself when I heard him laugh.

Ayaan Sir.

Ayaan.

Laughed.

This day is just getting more weirder. Has he hit his head somewhere?

"What? I never thought a superstar like you would eat McDonald's." I blushed embarrassed.

"Who doesn't like McDonald's, Sharma? I am also just a human." He said playfully, navigating to the big yellow arc drive-thru nearby.

This is all very very weird for me.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked me, waiting in the car line as he checked out the huge menu board on our right.

"A McVeggie Meal. Small." I said my standard order.

"You are a vegetarian?" He asked, still busy looking at the menu while I hummed in response.

When we finally reached the ordering window. It was a havoc. The girl on the ordering window almost fainted seeing Ayaan Malhotra in the driveway. The word spread very fast and almost every worker in the restaurant was trying to see Ayaan through the small drive-thru window.

Ayaan promised them a picture in the parking lot since there was a growing line of cars behind us.

Once they took our orders, he drove to the parking lot and got out of the car. Immediately, he was surrounded by the whole restaurant staff. Staff kept coming and going as they needed to keep the restaurant running.

Ayaan patiently posed for each of them and signed autographs. It was like I was seeing a new side of him today. I dare say a soft side. I had always seen him in the office or sets dictating people around, but never with his fans. He was so patient and nice to them, heeding to all their requests. He kept looking for me in the car once in a while to check for me.

I moved my eyes away embarrassingly when eyes our met. I was staring at him in awe.

"That was nice" I commented when he finally came back to the car.

"It's always nice to see people love me" He said as a joke but I could feel the sincerity in his voice.

I was distracted when a worker came and handed us over our food in the parking lot itself. Sweet.

Ayaan paid for it. "My treat." He winked at me.

Today is definitely a day of firsts.

"Now, let's drive away before we gather any more attention." He said as a matter of fact.

"Do you want to eat while driving or stop somewhere and eat?" I asked him popping a fry in my mouth from the food bag.

He mimicked my action and picked up a fry to eat from the food bag in my lap.

"Of course, I am not going to drive and eat, Sharma. I am not your bloody chauffeur. I know a place to stop and eat nearby.'" He said putting his arrogant tone back.

I giggled. To be honest, he looked very cute. Talking arrogantly but popping a fry in his mouth. If anyone told me this morning that I will be sitting in a car with Ayaan eating McDonald's, I would have laughed at that person like crazy.

"You know for someone who hates me, you stare at me way too much." He looked at me intently.

"I just thought you looked cute popping fries in your mouth." I bit my tongue immediately as soon the words left my mouth.

"So you find me cute? This is a revelation." He teased me smirking.

"You know what I am not going to boost that ego of yours anymore than you already have." I am pretty sure my cheeks were tomato red by now.

"Well, get down. Let's eat those damn fries and you can stare at me all you want little Antara. I won't charge. I promise." He surprised me by stopping the car near a Lake.

Before I could reply, I could feel him turning and bending toward me. My heart raced feeling him so close to me.

I could feel the warmth of his breath. His sharp nose just touching mine. I stared at his plump pink lips. God must have taken ample time making him.

My breath hitched as his warm fingers brushed my cold ones. In one moment, he took out the food bags from my hand and went out of the car.

"Chop Chop, Antara." I barely heard him, finally exhaling the air trapped in my lungs.

Oh boy!