Chapter 32

I tapped some cold water on my cheeks to cool myself down. My cheeks had turned completely red from the conversation I just had with Ayaan.

Remember me saying that ignorance is bliss? A pink neon sign hung on the washroom's wall stating the same. I smiled a little looking at it through the mirror. I am going to make the most of this night and not let anyone ruin it.

It was already 2 A.M in the night but this was Spain and the party was just getting started. I was pulled onto the dance floor by Miheeka as soon as I stepped back into the bar. She was another person from the recce crew and damn good at dancing.

It was a long time since I put my hair down. Antonio was right, I was a wild child back then. I got too serious after college. Wanting to prove my worth, that I am more than my family's name, that I forgot to have fun. But, this was a random country where I get to let go.

I had a great time dancing crazily with Miheeka. Although, on more occasions than one I could feel a stare burning down my back. I knew Ayaan was watching me. Despite my ignorance motto, I peaked at him too. He had shifted to the first floor of the bar. I could see him near the railings. With a cigarette and a whiskey glass in one hand, he talked to a beautiful blonde girl. Something pang through my heart, but I ignored it completely and shifted my focus on the shots that Miheeka just bought.

"Well, here goes nothing" I cheered with her and downed up on more bitter tequila.

We danced for some more while. Most of the crew had left for the cottages by now. Miheeka had found a date for the night that I pushed her to go out with. This didn't work for me but that didn't mean other people can't have fun.

I waited outside the bar for some uber or taxi to come but it was taking too long. So, I decided to walk. The cottages weren't too far. Except my feet hurt like crazy in the heels I wore all night.

I walked for sometime before I could hear a car slowing down behind me. My breath hitched as I fastened my steps. I was not looking for trouble tonight. The car seemed to follow me for a couple of seconds when it zoomed past and stopped right infront of me.

"Ayaan" I exclaimed keeping a hand on my racing heart as he rolled down the window of some sports car. Of course, he was driving one in Spain too.

"Come, I'll drop you." He said.

"Do you even have a license to drive one of these here?" I asked still recovering from the shock.

"I have an international driving licence and am perfectly capable of driving a car, Sharma. Now, come sit." He rolled his eyes at me annoyed as if I was wasting his time with stupid questions.

"I am not going anywhere with you. Not after what you just pulled." I said hugging myself with both my arms.

"You still pissed about that little boy, Sharma?" Ayaan smirked at me stepping out the car. The guts of this man to tease me.

"You know what I am not even going to indulge you in a conversation. It's useless. I am going." I turned from him and started walking on the footpath again. It had started raining slightly, just a few droplets here and there, but I was not going with Ayaan. That was final.

"I am going to count to till three for you to turn back and sit in that car." I heard Ayaan threaten me.

"One" He started counting.

"Two" My heartbeat rose. The sky thundered. Oh god, not now.

"And three" He finished.

Maybe I was threatened or just drunk, because I did what any other sane human would do at three in the night in this situation. I started running. It was pouring rain by now. Yay, liquid courage!