Chapter 33

It was just half hour since we went to bed when lights of the penthouse went out. Rain and winds kept pattering aggressively against the windows. I tried keeping calm for five minutes. But, then decided to go and check with Ayaan. I couldn't sleep like this. It terrified me.

"Ayaan" I whispered as I entered his bedroom. It was pitch black inside with only some light entering the room from outside.

"Ayaan" I called again looking around for him when I crashed into a hard body.

"Antara" Ayaan whispered as his hands wrapped around my waist stabilising me. My nostrils filled with the scent of whiskey and mint with his closeness.

"We have been apart for just half an hour. Missing me already?" My cheeks warmed as I heard him teasing me. I mentally kicked myself for not thinking before coming here.

"No. Uh. Yes. The lights. They went out." I mumbled trying to get out of his arms. But, that only resulted in him pulling me closer to him. Warmth spread in my body from his touch.

"So, little Ms. Sharma is not scared of anyone but just some lights gone out?" He teased me even more while pushing my body a little, forcing me to take a step backwards. All while he stepped forward. Not giving me a chance to reply.

"Stay." He commanded as soon as my back hit a small table.

His hands left me for a moment as they took out a lighter from his pocket and lit a candle on the table behind me. I instantly missed warmth from his body.

"Better?" He asked politely. I nodded meekly in response.

The flame from his candle shined on his face. And I was drawn to it like the moth to a flame. God, he was beautiful. I knew touching him would burn me. I knew he was the devil. But, right now, in this moment he looked no less than an angel to me.

"Can I ask you a question?" Words slipped out of my mouth even before I could comprehend them.

"Ask away. It's your lucky day. I might just answer." I rolled my eyes at his sass. He stepped back in my private space caging me in between his arms while resting them on the table behind me.

"Why did you kiss me that day on the car bonnet? You merely wanted to distract me from going to the police station to bail out your brother. But, that kiss, it did not fit your act." I asked the question that was bugging me since a long time. Flashbacks of that kiss tormented me everyday. I missed the electric feeling of his lips on mine. I was sane enough to know that it might be all an act. But, I had to know his answer.

"Who said it was a part of an act?" He said inching his lips closer to mine and my breath hitched. "Who said I didn't kiss you because I wanted to? I might be actor by profession but that doesn't mean I am acting all the time." His eyes bore into mine with such intensity that I had to look away. I didn't want to believe his words but the sincerity in his voice shook me.

"But you hate me. All your actions. Everything you have done till now screams against it." I countered him.

"I don't hate you, Antara." My heart skipped a beat as his words settled in. He held my neck making me look back at him. "I was never even supposed to be the villain of your story. You just decided to barge into a wrong chapter of mine." He whispered against my lips.

"I don't know what's the connection between us or the why the world brings us in-front of each other again and again. But, what I know is that I wanted to kiss you that day. And I will kiss you now again."

With that he closed the gap between our lips and sparks exploded. His lips were exactly as I remembered them, like a storm. And like a storm he came and reeled me in.