Chapter 1

Blood.

Warm red blood dripped from his forehead giving a metalic taste on his lips.

Blood is what could be seen on both the sides.

'Viraaj. Viraaj. Viraaj'

The crowd cheered as the man in black wrestling shorts landed a punch on the opponent in red. Ironically, red is what all he saw. His jawline was sharp with light stubble, which was smothered by blood that trickled down his forehead.

He ducked the punches landed on him bending down sideways and returned the favour by cracking his nose.

Kicking at the knee bent of his opponent in a swift move, he twisted his arm at the back and turned him such a way that he landed straight down on the floor of the ring. They turned up and around a few times in the ring, struggling, until the man in red lay strangled at the hands of the man in black.

"And Cut It."

"Great shot Ayaan Sir"

"Spot dada Ayaan Sir ke lie chair lao"

                                                                                              ~

'Come Again, What is your name?'

'Sir, Antara Sharma' The girl chimed.

'Please introduce yourself'

'Sir, My name is Antara Sharma. I am 24 years old. I have completed my schooling from Chandigarh and graduation from Delhi University. I have worked as a marketing associate for two years with Olga International .... '

                                                                                       ~

Chowpatty, Girgaon, Mumbai

'Anaanyaaa' Antara called her friend for the second time who was busy stuffing her mouth with Mumbai's famous chaupati ki Pau Bhaji.

'Kya hai Antu. Khaane de naa.' Ananya said asking for more butter for the bhaji which was already bathing in it.

'I am scared yaar Ananya. I really want this job'

'Haan Haan. The girl who has worked from an international agency, the girl who topped her college is now scared to get a job in a production house. Ayaan Malhotra, the superstar ko dekhne ke lie itni desperate, antu?!' Ananya teased.

'Oh please. I do not have any interest in any of these bollywood heroes. And to let you know Malhotra Productions is not only number one production house in India but has grown it's base tremendously in western countries too. It is not only a production house now but have also ventured into other sectors too. So, it's a great catch if i get placed in the company.' Antara said catching her breath in defence.

'Okay, Okay! Nobody can win from you. Don't see Ayaan okay? Just keep sending me his snapchats from office' Ananya laughed while Antara hit her should lightly mouthing 'Pagal.'

'Now move your ass because we are getting late for our flight back to Chandigarh. Dada will kill us if we miss our flights.'

                                     ~                                                        

Filmcity, Mumbai

'Ayaan Sir, the media and the fans are waiting for your appearance. Your father's assistant also called. I think we should move. It is important.' The man stood near the door as he pleaded his boss with his eyes to understand him.

'Do you smoke, Rohan?'

'Ermm.. Sir?' The assistant asked confused.

'Do you know life is also like smoke. At one point it is here in front of your eyes, making you feel all alive. And in other second it is gone.' The husky sound of the man in his late twenties, sitting on a plush chair of his vanity van puffing out smoke from a cigarette, resonated the walls of the vanity. Ignoring the pleas of his assistant.

'Si..r, ermm I did..n't get you' The assistant stuttered.

The man sighed.

'Most people don't get it, but I do'

                                                                                         ~

Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Antara glared at her friend Ananya while she sat on one of the chairs of the seating lounge busy eating Wendy's burger to her heart's content. She did not get her obsession with food or anyone for that matter. She herself was never so much into food. It was more like a necessity for her than pleasure. Also, while everybody was busy tagging themselves as foodie in today's world, She wanted to be always apart from that league.

After receiving a call from her father worrying about her whereabouts and detail discussion about the interview, Antara decided to disturb her friend's romance with food as the boarding was about to start.

'Ananya. You better stop eating now because otherwise i will leave you on this airport only' Antara said crossing her arms around her chest.

'Arey. Wait I will just pay and come' Ananya took her belongings and went to the counter to pay.

Chandigarh

A N T A R A

Scrolling through my phone, I sat on the couch in my comfortable pyjamas and an ice cream tub in hand. Some random channels played on the television while my hands kept replying to emails on my phone. I was quiet a multi-tasker at hand. My mother hated this habit of mine. She said i couldn't concentrate on one thing and was always irritated seeing me watch TV and use mobile at the same time. I don't know if I was crazy alone but i needed the television for some sort of comfort to use my mobile. Does this happen with me or others too?

'No you are not alone in this.' I shook my head as the TV boomed with some stupid advertisement exaggerating about commonality of dental problems, bringing my attention back to this world.

I flipped to a news channel and it caught my attention. The news showed a sky shot of hundreds and thousands fans jamming the streets of Mumbai. People pushed each other to move forward and I felt nauseous just by looking at the television.

The wife of superstar Rajesh Malhotra, Maheen Malhotra and mother of superstars  of Ayaan Malhotra and Aarav Malhotra, aged 49 died due to cardiac arrest at her residence last night.