Chapter 3

'We are going to celebrate your first day in office and I am not hearing a No.' She announced keeping the files in her hand on my table. It was already the end of my first day.

'But I haven't even seen my apartment properly yet. I just took the keys and came straight to the office.' I said with a pup face.

'And that is why you need to see the life of Mumbai. You are coming with us and that's final.'

'Us?' I asked perplexed.

'A few of my friends are also coming along. You'll love them. Trust me. Now come.' She pulled me by my arm lightly and I came out with her taking my stuff along.

Thank god I chose to wear a white formal dress with a black blazer to the office today. Just the blazer out and little bit of touch up by Master Kiara and I was ready to go for the party.

Trilogy Club
969, Juhu Tara Rd
Mumbai

I scrunched my nose as the pungent smell of smoke and sheesha entered my nostrils. The DJ blasted a mic of Arabic EDM and Bollywood music.

Kiara brought us to an exquisite club in Mumbai which was filled crème-de-la-crème of the society. The place was completely dark, with red lights from the roof being the only source of light. We sat on a round private booth where I met everybody.

She had some great friends. They were easy to gel with and had a killer sense of humour. I think my cheeks would hurt all night from constant laughing. I instantly hit off with Karan, who also happens to be in the same industry as us.

'A glass of red wine please' I ordered as the waitress turned to me. I was not much hungry and excused myself to go the loo before the food came.

Walking through the crowd, I reached a narrow lane which had multiple doors to it. The dark lane had huge frames in between the doors and only source of light was two little bulbs above each frame. I opened one of the doors to check for the sign of washroom but what I saw made me stop in my tracks.

A boy was all over a girl while she laid down on the couch. Her dress partially slipped down whereas a few buttons of the boy's shirt were open putting his well sculpted chest to display.

They were making out. Heavily.

'Are you just going to stare or fucking close the door.' The boy turned to me to my horror. I looked down as I realized, I was gaping at them too long than necessary.

'Wo ermmm.. I' Words failed to come out of my mouth.

I gasped one again as another realization stuck to me - The boy who stood partially shirtless in front of me was none other than Ayaan Malhotra himself. My Boss.

'Unless you want to join in or be a spectator' I heard him chuckling as I shut the door quickly. Correction. I slammed the door.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Triple Shit.

Shit of ice cream.

I could literally imagine him smirking in that position. A sarcastic smirk and that wasn't a pleasant imagination at all. My hand went to my chest trying to calm down my pacing heartbeat. I saw my boss in such a position. Shit. Not a day in Mumbai, and I am up to blunders.

Well Done. Antaara Sharma. Well Done.

                                     ~

First things first
I'ma say all the words inside my head
I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh
The way that things have been, oh ooh

Music busted in my ears as I plugged in my earphones for a short run. The whole night was a mess for me. Well actually, only the part involving Ayaan Malhotra was a mess.

I don't want it to hamper my tenure and work in the office. Rest dinner went fine and i ended up making good friends.

I jogged along the coastline of the beach to clear my mind.

It was pretty early in the morning and there were barely any people to be seen around. I enjoyed silence and the soothing voice of the waves that hit the shore. The sun had almost risen up turning the sky a shade scarlet and along the sea, the view was surreal. I felt peace.

Second thing second
Don't you tell me what you think that I can be
I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh
The master of my sea, oh ooh

My peace was short lived as I spotted a man standing on the top of rocks. Behind him was a black car and a driver in white waiting for him. He puffed a cloud of smoke with his cigar as if trying to cloud the beauty of the sunrise that stood before him. I wondered what kind of man would do that.

Curiosity killed the cat and I tried to get a closer look at him. There stood the reason why I was here.

Ayaan Malhotra.

Puffing smoke like 5 in the morning? What is this man? Some kind of insane? Isn't he supposed to be a superstar? An idol? Or at least maybe surrounded by bodyguards?

_________

You made me a, you made me a believer, believer

This is my first attempt at writing. All kind of love, suggestions and criticism is appreciated.

Love
Aparna