Chapter 18

Why does forbidden fruit taste the sweetest? Why is it always humans are attracted to what they cannot have? It is a constant nag, a sublime thought and a front row winner in the subconscious. You can go merry-go-around in your mind but always end up thinking what you want to ignore.

Everyone experiences a forbidden fruit in their life at least once. To taste or not to taste- are the choices we make.

I had convinced dada with emotional blackmailing that I loved my current job and would like to continue it for a little while more.

Why I said that, Why I want that? I can't answer questions I don't know the answer to.

Here I stood in a corner of Mehboob Studios while an 'item number' called 'Pyaar ki Kick' was being shot for the promotion of the action movie 'Left Punch'. Apparently the production and marketing thought it was necessary to have an item number in the movie these days for promotion. I wasn't into the concept fully, but it worked for the Indians we are- most of the times.

Ayesha Singhania, an actress beyond gorgeous and several link up rumors with Ayaan Malhotra stood on a platform with huge curtains in the background, all wet.

She wore a silver tube and matching silver skirt with a slit on one leg. It clung to her body like a second skin, leaving very less to imagination. Water was being thrown at her while she gave her backless shots. No one dared to stare at her directly, we were in a professional modern setup of-course. But I am pretty sure, there were people giving her sneaky glances every now and then.

Cut to entrance, there was suddenly chaos near the door. Enters the hero 'Ayaan Malhotra' in his all glory. There were people running behind him with his chair, coconut water, makeup and hair. It was as if suddenly the whole set was on high alert. One thing no one could deny was that his aura spoke volumes.

'Everyone is a star until the real star walks in, right?!' A girl, probably from the spot team whispered to me. Her voice almost dreamy. I just smiled at her and slid more into a corner as it was my first day at work after everything happened and wanted no drama.

Seldom of what I tried, his eyes found mine .I tried hard pretending to look through the papers in my hands but I could still feel his eyes looking through me. I was afraid of what he saw, what he thought, what he wanted to contemplate. I saw almost a small smile on the corner of his mouth from the corner of my eyes. He knew he had that effect on me. 

Thankfully, the director gave the cue to him for his scene. There was pin drop silence again.

Ayaan Sir sat on a backless sofa while the heroine started dancing around him, subtly trying to seduce him. He had to give all those not interested, angry young man looks and I didn't think he would have found them any hard as it was his daily face.

Every two minutes, the hair and makeup artists set their face and hair due to the water. And here, I always wondered how did the heroines look so good in rain, while I looked like a sulking faggot.

My cheeks heated up as the heroine sat on his lap and started giving him a lap dance there. I admired her confidence and wondered how could she pull it even in front of so many people. A tune played in the background all around. However, the lyrics on the other hand were a completely different game.

'Bheegi Jaawani,
Mast hai sama,
Left Right Front Back
In the bedroom
Aah! thandi thandi hawa
Aa dekhau tuje
Pyaar ki kick sanam'

I couldn't control anymore and a small laugh left my mouth immediately.

I am pretty sure it was not a small laugh since suddenly the shooting stopped and everyone around me started staring at me. I gulped immediately and walked out muttering a sorry, awfully trying to ignore the stares, especially of one particular male species.

I took a breath of relief as I got out of the set. I spotted the same girl from inside with me, looking at me and we both started laughing giving each other a look, without saying anything. She murmured something and went away.

Remembering the work in my hand, I had to drop off the questions for the personal interview scheduled for Ayaan Sir. I tried to find a spot boy to drop to his vanity but then decided to drop it alone.

I entered his vanity which was no less than a five star hotel in itself and quickly dropped the questions on the dressing shelf . I was about to get out when I collided with a hard chest.

'I am so sorry' I whispered trying to wipe of the water droplets that came on my clothes suddenly when I looked up to find the same chocolate hazel eyes I was trying to evade.

'Care to share, what you found so funny on the set Ms. Sharma?' I could feel the sarcasm dripping in his voice. A small smirk playing on the curve of his lips.

'Bollywood item song lyrics can be a little funny sometimes, don't you think?' I replied pressing my lips, trying not to smile when suddenly I was turned around and trapped with the vanity door with his arms.

'Then it's your salary I should cut, you are the marketing director right?' He whispered against my lips smiling teasingly.

'Maybe, this is what my grumpy boss wants right?' I smiled a little as I saw his this avatar for the first time.

'Ms. Sharma did you just call your boss grumpy?' My cheeks heated up as he teased me more.

'I-I..' I was trying to formulate a reply in my head when all my humour went out in the drain suddenly as I felt his warm lips on his cheeks. I shuddered at the feeling that run though my body. It was as if they were a thousand volt of electricity running through my veins.

My eyes went wide as he stepped even closer to me. I pressed my back to the vanity door as I felt the wetness of his half transparent shirt. It was that exotic feeling where cold and warmth submerged. The wetness of his shirt was cold as compared to the warmth that surged through his chest, which was now pressed against mine. My mind felt confused whether to dive in our step away.

'I love it when you are flushed speechless, Ms. Sharma.' He smirked at me while I tried to look anywhere but him. I have never felt this with anyone before.

Thankfully, there was a knock on the door just then calling him for the interview.

'Inter..view. You have an interview in 15 minutes. I came to drop the questi..ons' I stuttered with whatever words came through my mouth and literally ran out of the vanity with a hand on my thumping heart.

I shivered as the sky struck a lightning in resonance with my thumping heart. It was odd since it was the month of January and it was a calm day. But storms don't knock before they come. Do they?

________

First of all I would like to thank everyone. We touched 500 reads with 'I Lost the Stars' and I am so excited.

Please keep voting as it will help keep the book alive!

Any suggestions, criticism, what you feel about the story would also really help me! Thank youu❤️