Eleven

Sawyer

I stare out the window as my dad and Bryan talk about their latest discovers and diagnoses. I sip on my warm apple cider. January thought it would be a good idea to make my whole family a drink since Ive made her a billion. Her words not mine. It's fucking delicious, I'm on my third cup. She's in the kitchen right now helping my mom with thanksgiving dinner. Elain isn't coming, according to Bryan she is having thanksgiving with her family. I think he found out she's pregnant. "Hey, want to help me set the table?" I look over my shoulder to see January standing behind me. "Yeah, sure." She glances at Bryan and a small scowl forms. It's good to see she doesn't care for him. She wanders back into the kitchen and I place five plates around the table. A few minutes later my dad and brother plop their asses down and wait.

They are so entitled it makes my skin crawl. January walks by placing a basket of steaming dinner rolls in the centre of the table. "Bryan do you made grabbing the turkey?" She doesn't look at my brother as she organizes the food already on the table. My brother scoffs and looks at my dad who just laughs. She looks up, confused. "Was something funny?" Oh damn. The stop laughing and I stand there seeing where this will go. "Well I'm already seated and you asked me to grab the last dish. Why don't you get do it since your already standing, and besides you helped cook." Her head jerks back, like his words physically effected her. "I'll get it." I grab her shoulder and leave to retrieve it. She is still standing staring at my brother when I return.

My mother sits down and we all dish out food. Dinner is silent except for the conversations my dad and brother hold. January and my mom speak, but I just eat. "Do your parents mind not having you for the holiday?" My head turns to look at Januarys reaction to my moms question. I should have told her, dammit. "They are dead. But please don't pity me. It's fine." She doesn't make eye contact with anyone when she speaks and my mom looks genuinely horrified that she just asked that. I give her a subtle nod, telling her it's okay. January tries to keep conversation light after that. Joking and telling them stories about herself. I think a smile stays plastered on my face the entire time.

Dessert comes out and surprisingly January doesn't take any. She barley ate dinner and I thought that was because she was saving room for dessert, but I guess not. "How is the patient with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia?" My father asks Bryan another question about work. "Shoot!" January stands up from her chair. The front of her pale blue dress soaked with cider. "I'm going to wash up in the bathroom." I go to stand and help her. "I've got it, enjoy your pie." She disappears down the hall. "So she's a rambler and a klutz." My dads face says it's just a joke, but his tone says otherwise. "Don't talk about her." My voice is lanced with venom. He points at me, about to give me a piece of his mind. "Dale that's enough. Just once I want to have a Goddamn dinner where you're not being a prick." She stands and walks out.

I stand too and storm towards the bathroom. I give it a soft knock. I hear shuffling and water running and turning off before she opens the door. The front of her dress is still soaked and she smells of cinnamon now. "Oh great you remind me of corona guy." She laughs but her eyes are puffy and her skin is flushed. "Are you okay?" It looks like she's been crying. "I'm just tired, can you go?" I take her hand and lead her to the front door. "I hear shouting coming from upstairs and Bryan is shrugging on his jacket. He gives her a weird look and I shift so I'm blocking her from him. I don't know when I got this possessive of her, but I don't like when he stares at her like that. Like he knows her and has so much to say to her. "Sawyer." He says as a goodbye before leaving and slipping into his Tesla.

  The ride to her house is quiet and when I put the car in park she stares out of the windshield for a few minutes. something feels wrong. She gets out of the car and I follow. Once we're inside she takes my hand and guides me up the stairs. She closes us in her room and turns her back to me. She moves her hair out of the way, exposing her zipper. I take the hint and slowly slide it down. She steps out of it and removes her underwear before facing me. She is completely bare before me and I want to reach for her, but I wait. I want to see what she wants. She walks up to me and slides her hands under my shirt. I raise my arms and she slips the shirt up, I help when she can't reach. She burins my pants, so I kick off my shoes and remove my socks.

Something is different between us. I'm scared to talk and break what's happening. We are both completely makes staring at each other. She is so beautiful my chest aches. She looks up at me through her blonde lashes. Her blue eyes asking a million different things. I lift her in my arms, our lips inches apart. I place a soft kiss the her lips. She raps her arms around my neck and it feels like our souls are connecting. I place her on the bed and kiss her with everything I have, because she feels like everything I've ever needed. She whimpers and arches into me. Begging me for more then just passionate kisses. She slides her wet heat up and down my length and I can't take any more. I centre myself to her and trust. She lets out a small cry. My pace is fast and hard. She moans and my grunts filling the void.

I look down in her eyes. When my last trust causes us to come undone together. She digs her nails into my back and I savour the pain. I look down in her eyes that are filled with tears. I freeze panting from my release. "Don't fall in love with me, I'll just break your heart." She pleads. Too late.