Chapter 23: I Love You

// "Let's be together again in our next life..!" //

CHAPTER 23: I Love You

~*~

"NOW...!!!!"

C R A S H! B A N G!

Wails and screams broke through the pregnant silence as the entire dome-shaped ceiling shattered and broke into a thousand tiny pieces. The sound was deafening as the shards fell to the ground; crashing in ear-splitting shrieks from the glass.

It was from then that everything went into chaos.

People started screaming and running out of the hall, and Nile had loosened his grip on Eren for just a moment in utter shock, but before either could react, an amazingly fast figure swooped down from the ceiling and landed a swift kick on the man, smacking him across the room and effectively freeing Eren. Said man landed on the ground face-first with a loud thud which must have resulted in a broken nose. The figure didn't stop there, but rather rushed over and pinned the man down on the ground, using her full force to keep him in place until there were loud cracking sounds heard, presumably from his bones.

It was only then when they could see the figure properly.

"MIKASA?!"

That red scarf was unmistakable, and she shot a small smile at Eren from behind her shoulder but continued to hold the struggling man down.

"YOU IDIOTS! KILL LEVI NOW!" Nile tried to yell, but was choked by Mikasa a moment later.

Seemingly too stunned to do anything at the beginning, Nile's voice shook them out of their shocked state and they quickly fumbled with their triggers and tried to shoot Levi-

CLICK!

CLICK! CLICK!

But no bullets came out.

Just a moment later, their electronically controlled bullets fell from their rifles and out came a cheeky-looking Armin with his laptop in hand. He had managed to tap into the Military Police's weaponry several days ago when Erwin was letting him in on this Plan B...and it was quite a good thing to find out that their bullets and reloads were electronically controlled. It was originally going to be all on Mikasa's shoulders since she had great skills in martial arts...but with that, it came with a chance of failure. They couldn't risk that so Armin's idea came in great help. Advanced times calls for advanced measures.

The few officers stood in shock, not knowing what to do and directly giving Levi the opportunity to take them all down. All he needed was to get one of the rifles and knock them out cold.

Levi looked up, and so did Eren....

When their eyes met, Eren smiled warmly, a fresh stream of tears rolling down his cheeks-this time he was relieved, so very relieved that Levi was okay. And then, for the first time since he was in the hospital, Eren saw Levi's lips pull up into a gentle smile.

The smile Levi gave him made him feel loved... so very loved...

And without hesitation, he ran over.

He ran over to Levi and just threw himself onto the man, wrapping his arms around his neck in a tight embrace. He felt Levi's arms snake around his waist... at it was at that moment that he finally felt at peace after such a long time... Here, in Levi's arms, he knew everything would be okay. His heartbeat mirrored Levi's...occasionally skipping a beat or two...but that just shows how elated they were. They were together... and this time it would be for forever... It was all over.... They prevailed through it all, and now they could finally be together...