Chapter 02: Hey Neighbor!

CHAPTER 2: Hey, Neighbor!

// “I keep getting the feeling that you’re so familiar. I just want to ask; have I seen you somewhere before?” //

~*~

Eren’s eyes fluttered open the moment the alarm rang. He sat up with a yawn to take in the environment he was still unfamiliar with. Slowly, he got out of bed to prepare for school with sleepiness still tugging at his eyelids.

The cool shower water freshened him up as he felt it glide across his body. He was tired after he arrived at the apartment last night and it was kind of late already by the time he got to bed. The fatigue didn’t bother him much, though. Right now, he could still see the events of last night replaying in his mind, even as he showered. What happened was pretty much a big shock…

~*~

Levi’s aura had a certain sort of vibe that would scare even a demon. The two of them stared in awe at the apartment opposite of Levi’s with the door ajar. Inside, it looked like a tornado just hit the area, leaving the whole place a mess. There was no other word to describe it other than “wrecked”.

A tall woman, the receptionist, kept bowing to them with an apologetic look.

“We’re very, very sorry, sir.” She said in panic, “T-There was a woman on this floor who didn’t follow the rules and brought back a whole pack of dogs. T-The dogs got loose by accident and they somehow got into your apartment since it wasn’t locked.”

She bowed another time, “We will clean everything up and repair anything broken sir! We apologize for the inconvenience, but for now, you won’t be able to stay in the apartment. We’ll notify you in a few days when you can return.” She brought out a cellphone and called someone, probably the person in charge, to inform them about the situation.

With one last bow, she quickly retreated. It was clear she was shaking at the feel of Levi’s aura.

“Oh no…” Eren groaned in frustration and banged his fist to the wall. “What am I going to do now? I have nowhere else to stay. My home is far away from here, and it’s snowing!”

“…” Levi’s face was slightly shadowed by his bangs. One of his hands went to massage his temples as he let out a deep breath.

Eren was still throwing a small fit by the corner. At least, he was, until Levi gave him a knock on the head.

“Ow! What was that for?!” Eren growled.

“…For being noisy like a little boy. Stop complaining, will you?” Levi frowned, earning a glare from the boy.

“Fine! What do you propose I do, then?”

~*~

Eren sighed and turned off the shower, stepping out and dried himself off before quickly going to put on his uniform. As if on cue, he heard a knocking on the door before it was opened. Eren met the gaze of a certain emotionless male standing by the door.

“Hey, brat.” He called with his arms folded. “Are you done yet? I’ll be going out soon so I came to remind you that I left you the spare keys on the table. You’d better not lose them, or else I’ll turn you into my carpet.” Well, Eren thought, he was still as grouchy as ever.

“I have a name, Levi.” Eren glared with a sigh and picked up his bag. Making sure he looked somewhat presentable in the mirror, he walked up to Levi and the two of them went to the living room.