Chapter 14: Together We Are One

CHAPTER 14: Together We Are One

//"You seem so familiar... I just wan't to ask; have I seen you somewhere before?"//

~*~

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP—

Doctors and nurses filtered into the room in a flurry to try and save the life of the teen. Metallic clanking and rushed commands moved in such a blur… time seemed to slow down in the room.

Levi felt shaken by what he had seen- his throat felt dry, the tremble in his hands increased and he felt the painful thumping in his chest. For the first time…Levi was scared.

He was scared to see- to remember how it was like… cradling Eren’s lifeless body in his arms, the gory crimson blood that pooled around them. He was scared to feel Eren’s body lose its comforting warmth again. He remembered the grief of trying to forget about his loss; to try and act like it was nothing. He tried to convince himself that the pain in his chest was just an illusion… that he was just confused.

…But he couldn’t…

The boy had been everything in Levi’s life. Without Eren, he was alone and incomplete. He didn’t want to lose the boy again. Not again… They had finally found each other in a brand new start. They could have been together…

This started a stinging in his heart, nagging at him that maybe… just maybe they weren’t meant to be.

Maybe it was because of him that the boy had to suffer so much, not just in this life… Maybe Eren was meant to be with…someone else. Maybe this was just fate’s cruel way of showing it to him…

~*~

Hurried shouting and thumping footsteps were deafening in Levi’s ears. Even worse… the thundering beep from the Cardiac Monitor hammered in his head.

Levi’s heart dropped when he saw the nurses wheel the Automatic Defibrillator in.

...Eren's heart had stopped beating.

Trembling, Levi’s hold on the boy tightened and he was surprised that no one had chased him out by now even though the younger two had been ushered away long before.

No…

Eren’s hand was losing its warmth. He could feel it. Slowly, slowly… he knew the boy was going to be gone forever. It was going to happen again. He was going to lose him, seeing him slip away right before his eyes and he wouldn’t be able to do anything!

He was useless.

He couldn’t save Eren in the past… and he didn’t do anything now. He was useless.

“CLEAR!”

He looked up at the doctors who surrounded Eren’s bed on the opposite side of him. One of them was had the Defibrillator ready in hand.

SHOCK!

Levi’s own heartbeat sped up when he felt Eren’s body jolt upwards from the electrical current being shocked into his heart. By now his knuckles were white from the pressure and he kept his worried eyes on the teen, hoping he would wake up.