Bonus Chapter 1 - Valentines With You

The moment Eren opened his eyes that day, the thought of Valentines popped up in his head; it was Valentine’s Day! He had been anticipating this day for many, many weeks since for the first time; he would be celebrating it with someone he cared for! And that someone was Levi too! This would be one of the best days ever.

Hopping out of bed and rushing to get ready as quick as he could, he decided to surprise Levi that day. It was the weekend anyway, so he guessed Levi was probably somewhere in the living room if not still in bed beside him. His eyes caught sight of the red box he had hidden quite well in the room as he was brushing his hair. He grinned and put down the brush, remembering how hard it was to decide what to get for Levi. He spent a rather long time to prepare that little treat.

Looking over the room one last time, he picked up the box and quickly went out of the room he shared with Levi. He took steady steps toward the living room to make sure that Levi wouldn’t hear him yet. Slow and steady.

“Levi!” he called excitedly, trudging into the living room.

“Levi, I—“

He was met with no one.

That’s weird, he thought, where was Levi on a Saturday? Keeping his gift behind his back, he made a move to the kitchen to find Levi; nothing. He passed the toilet downstairs; also nothing. Upstairs was already empty when Eren came down.

He sighed sadly and slumped down onto the couch after no sign of Levi was found anywhere in the apartment. When he turned his head to the side, a slip of paper caught the corner of his eye. He turned toward the coffee table and picked it up to examine it closer…

Eren,

I got called in today. There was a last minute entry of goods for the company. I need to be at work today to settle it. I’m sure you know what to do around the apartment by yourself.

-Levi

Eren’s jaw dropped- that’s it?! Nothing else to say to him?

He sighed again and threw himself back onto the couch. This was slightly disappointing to find out… There went his plans to spend the day lazing around with Levi. He would have to wait… 6-8 hours till Levi got home, and he’d be alone….

His hand pulled out the box again and he lifted it up to study it closer. It still looked perfect and neatly wrapped.

An idea flashed in his mind and he turned to look around at the apartment. Levi had been pretty busy lately at work and he sometimes didn’t have the time to clean properly. Even if he still cleaned it daily, the dirt would still find a way back. Eren remembered that Levi hadn’t cleaned it yet yesterday because he got too tired after finishing a ton of assignments at work; and everybody knows how Levi likes things to be spotlessly clean.

He jumped up and off of the couch. Keeping the present neatly on the table, he picked up the cloth he always used as a mask and wore it over his face. Putting on some gloves and bringing out the mop and broom, Eren got ready to clean the apartment. He had plenty of time to make it shine for Levi. It would make as a great gift!

“Okay! I’m gonna get to cleaning immediately!” he ushered to himself and headed upstairs to start.

~*~

CLICK!

The sound of the door unlocking was soft and just barely audible as it was pushed open slowly by Levi. Levi’s eyes peered into the apartment carefully to search for Eren. When there was no sign of said teen, he stepped in.

There was a short pause in his steps. The floor seemed different somehow that day… it felt so smooth and just… spotless. He glanced down and noticed that it did in fact have a tint of shine to it. He raised a questioning eyebrow and closed the door behind him as he walked into the apartment.