Chapter 17: Back To Work!

// "Let's be together again in our next life..!" //

CHAPTER 17: Back To Work!

~*~

{Yeah, before anything, I want to let you guys know that I've finally started a new series!! It's called A Thousand Cranes For You and it would make me very happy if you try reading it too! <3 The link to it is at the END of this chapter! Please help me <3 ^-^}

One week later, the first thing that came to Eren Yeager’s mind on this particular morning was…

“Oh shit, I’m going to be late! Levi’s going to kill me!”

Yep, that was what got Eren into such a panic as he rushed to get himself ready. Ready for what, you ask? Today would be the first day he went back to work at Survey Legion Incorporated since he woken up from his coma. He was excited to see everyone again; he had become friends with so many of the coworkers there- Marco, who was basically a freckled angel, Sasha, a food-maniac, Connie, Annie, Reiner… and the list goes on. Well, he wasn’t too sure if a certain horse-faced idiot would be considered his friend…

But anyways, Eren was amazed at himself because he somehow managed to actually get ready in just 10 minutes flat! He messily combed his hair and literally ran his way to the front door—

“Well, looks like Sleeping Beauty finally decided to wake up.”

Wait a minute…

Eren snapped his head toward the direction of that voice with his mouth wide open as he watched Levi saunter over, dressed messily with his shirt un-tucked, his tie still hanging loosely on his neck and his hair was probably just hastily brushed. He held a mug of hot coffee in his hand as he eyed the brunette.

“W-Wait you’re still here?!” Eren thrust an accusing finger at him, “And why aren’t you ready?! Aren’t you going to be late for work?!”

“You nag worse than a grandmother in the morning, huh?” Levi remarked bluntly and took a sip of his coffee, plopping himself down on the couch. “Well, I called Hanji and told her that I’d be coming in a little late today. I have no particular tasks today, so I’d like to spend some free time, too.” He glanced at the boy.

“Then why didn’t you wake me up?!”

“Should I be doing that in the first place…?”

Ack! Levi had a point there. But…why not play a little here? It was kind of Levi’s fault that he couldn’t wake up so…

“W-Well… It was your fault that I slept so late yesterday; you should have helped me wake up!” Eren grumbled with his lips pulled to a pout. He had tried his best to make an angry face without being too serious, but he was sure he probably looked like a whiny baby. Well, it was worth a shot to see Levi’s reaction.

And what a reaction he got indeed.

He felt his arm suddenly grabbed by Levi and with an amazingly inhuman strength, Levi pulled him onto the couch and under his strong frame. Levi’s hands and legs caged him in despite being a little shorter than the boy. His face hovered close Eren’s with those dark, dilated eyes boring into the boy.

“Hoh… Wasn’t it your fault? Provoking me like that…” Levi trailed off in such a low and husky tone, it sent chills down his spine.

“What? I didn’t do anything! You were the one who suddenly jumped my bones after dinner—“

One of Levi’s hands started trailing up Eren’s stomach in a caressing manner.

“Wait! What do you think you’re—mmph?!”