Chapter 24: Our Last Goodbye

// "Let's be together again in our next life..!" //

CHAPTER 23: Our Last Goodbye

~*~

"Eren, are you sure you have everything you need?"

Eren sighed for what must have been the twentieth time that day, and it was just 9 in the morning! He rolled his eyes at the raven-haired girl as he dragged his suitcase out of the trunk of Levi's car.

"Yes, I do... You've asked me ten times throughout our journey. And don't you think it's a little late already considering we already arrived here?" Eren grumbled under his breath.

"No, we could go back and get it." She huffed, pulling her own luggage out and Armin just had to chuckle at the two siblings. They hadn't changed.

Today was the day when the three of them would finally fly off to Maria and enroll in their new university. They could have driven there...but when comparing sitting in a car for 6 hours straight of just fly over in a mere 2 hours, they chose the shorter route. They had saved up enough money to pay for it, but there was nothing they could do as Levi had immediately bought the tickets for them online the day they decided to go by plane. He wouldn't accept the compensation money too.

And now, it was just left to driving them to the airport.

Levi got out from his car, and once clearing out the entire luggage, he locked up and went over to pick one of Eren's bags up-much to the younger's protest. It fell on deaf ears though as Levi led them in and followed them until the loading gate.

He stopped, passing the bag back to Eren and gave the two others a final handshake goodbye.

"Thanks for everything, Levi." Armin and Mikasa bowed slightly before turning and hurrying in, leaving Eren some alone time with Levi. "We'll see you inside, Eren." Mikasa had said just before disappearing.

So Eren stood there, a small sigh leaving his lips as he looked into Levi's eyes.

"Thank you, Levi..." He said softly, a sad smile spreading across his face. Levi could see the tears pricking at the corner of the brunette's eyes...and he knew it must have been hard for him to say goodbye... It was hard for the raven too.

Levi rested a gentle palm on the boy's cheek and saw him leaning into the touch.

"I'll miss you, Eren."

The boy gasped softly. Clearly he hadn't expected Levi to confess that to him. A tear rolled down his cheek.

And the next minute, he found himself hugging Levi tightly, burying his face into the older man's chest and taking in a final whiff of his intoxicating scent. He would miss Levi so much... Honestly he didn't want to leave, but after Levi's explanation to him the other night, he knew Levi was thinking of what's best for him. He loved him so much....

"I love you, Levi..." Eren cried softly, feeling Levi's hand graze through his brown locks gently before shifting his head up.

Their eyes locked, and Eren could feel all of Levi's emotions.

Nothing else mattered for a moment; they were stuck in time.

Levi leaned in, his hand gliding to the back of Eren's head to hold it in place and he felt the younger move his own to wrap around his neck...and their lips connected.

His skin tingled where Levi was holding, and even his lips felt warm. No words were needed, the kiss screamed into his heart...and he knew... that Levi loved him too...and...this wasn't goodbye.

They would always be together...

~*~

"Ughhhh....Levi.... I feel so dead right now; I don't know how much I can take it before I die!!" Eren whined, his voice echoing in Levi's otherwise silent office.

"Tch... you're just in your first year and you're already giving up?" Levi teased with a hint of a smile behind his lips.

His reading glasses perched low on his nose radiated with the light from his laptop as the man stared at Eren's adorable face in the screen.

"Levi.... I miss you! I want to come home!!" Eren whined again, slamming his head on his table, and drawing a chuckle out of Levi, "I wonder if it's me you miss or the fact that I do everything for you here..."

"I miss both!" Eren's head shot up again and it looked like he was thinking for a moment, "Heyyyy....you don't suppose you could help me with this project?"

"I thought you were supposed to finish this yourself." Levi deadpanned.

"B-But....maybe you could just help me type some of the pages out?" Eren's eyes glossed and Levi could already feel a puppy-dog face coming up soon. He would resist it this time...he wouldn't give in....

S L A M!

"Leeeeeviiiiiii! Where's my little French breadstick?"

Why was it... that whenever he and Eren were having some alone time, Hanji just had to barge in? A vein popped on Levi's head.

"Shitty four-eyes! Can't you knock before you come in?!" Levi scolded his fellow co-worker.

"Awwww..... you were having call with Eren, weren't you?"

"I still am."

"Oh really?!" Hanji brightened and pushed her way over until she took over Levi's laptop, he face literally squashed on the screen, causing Eren to flinch in shock on the other side.

"EREN MY BABY! Momma Hanji has missed you!" Hanji practically screamed at the scream and earned a laugh from the boy.

"I missed you too, Hanji." He giggled and moved his hands into a heart pattern-something he and Hanji shared in secret, much to Levi's annoyance. The woman returned the sign and winked at him when she noticed Levi glowering behind her.

"Now... I know you were having a nice, romantic conversation with Mr. Grumpy. I won't bother you two any longer!" she laughed, giving Levi's laptop back, "but I did come to tell you that Erwin had a job for you." Hanji added at the end and snickered when she saw his face drop slightly.

Levi calls Eren on Skype almost on a daily basis, no matter where he was...and she knew it was because he missed the boy too much. It should have been a violation of the rules to call during office hours but since he got the job done well, Erwin didn't say anything.

The same could be said about Eren...every day, he came back from his classes feeling excited about the fact that he can talk to Levi again-he would go straight to his laptop and this caused much amusement for his roommate, Armin. He spent so much time chatting to Levi nowadays that it made him look like some kind of technology-crazed kid.

But they were both content with this for now... Until Eren came home, they would be happy with this.

"Eren! You're going to be late for your next class!!"

Levi heard the blonde coconut's voice from somewhere in Eren's room and he sighed, knowing that the boy had to leave him for a while. He had a job too, though, so maybe it was great timing.

Eren yelled something back and turned to Levi with an apologetic look, "Sorry Levi... I gotta go. I'll talk to you when I get back again! Bye!"

Eren was about to click the 'End Call' button, but Levi's call halted him.

"Eren?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

Eren smiled; every once in a while, such intimate moments would cross between them and it was then that Levi would show his soft side clearly. He was still counting the days till he could go back home... He would wait; it wasn't long from now.

"I love you too..."

C L I C K!