Chapter 08: I'll Protect You, I'll Save You

CHAPTER 8: I'll Protect You, I'll Save You.

//"I keep getting the feeling that you're so familiar. I just want to ask; have I seen you somewhere before?"//

[SHORT REMINDER: There will be quite a lot of cursing and use of foul words in this chapter, I apologize if you're sensitive to these ^^U]

~*~

“Eren! Look at that, the Scouting Legion!” Armin’s enthusiasm passed on well to said brunette. He scanned the crowed and pushed his way to the front.

“Woahhh! It’s the Scouting Legion’s highest commanding officer; Erwin Smith!”

“Ah, that doesn’t really matter, Armin! Check that out!” he said with a finger pointed at a shorter male with jet black hair.

“That’s humanity’s strongest soldier, Captain Levi!!!” It was as if sparkles really appeared around him when he caught a glimpse of his idol. Best of all, Levi actually cast a glance at Eren!

“He’s the one who’s said to be able to take down 100 titans single-handedly! He’s so cool!”

~*~

“So brat, what do you plan to do?”

“I… I want to join the Scouting Legion… and just exterminate all the titans!”

“Oh? Not bad…”

The look on his face, that amount of passion and determination that burned behind his olive eyes, caused a spark to enlighten in Levi’s own charcoal-colored orbs. Levi could see that he was a true beast- not for the powers he possessed, but for the pure rage and emotion he saw in Eren that day. It surprised him in the beginning, to be able to feel the emotion from that teen boy by just looking at him.

He was intrigued by Eren.

“Very well… I approve of your request to join the Scouting Legion.” He strode steadily to the bars and leaned his head a little forward to get a better look at Eren.

“I will take care of him. Convey that to the brass, Erwin.”

Levi could feel Erwin’s questioning gaze behind him even as he wasn’t looking.

“It isn’t that I trust him. If he even dares to make one wrong move… I’ll kill him on the spot.”

“!!!”

~*~

“Eren… I’ve said this before; no one could have guessed what would happen. Don’t blame yourself or the choices you made.”

The two of them sat side-by-side in the once merry dining hall. Eren’s eyes downcast, he clenched his hands into fists at the bitter memory that burned into the back of his eyelids. He tried hard to not think so much about what happened. He tried to not blame himself… but it wasn’t going well. He got consumed into his doubts and guilt…

At least, until he felt Levi’s warm hand entangle itself into his brown locks in a comforting gesture.

“Levi-heichou…?” he looked up a little.

“Tch… shut up…”

Looking at Levi’s reaction, a small smile found his lips again.

“Thank you.”

~*~

“I… I love you, Levi-heichou! I’ve thought this through many times now… I want to be with you!”