Chapter 15: You're Okay

// "Let's be together again in our next life...!" //

CHAPTER 15: You're Okay

~*~

[WARNING! MORE ANGST IN THIS!! ...Nah, I'm just kidding! XD I just came to say that I changed the system of the Author's Note so you don't have to read pointless things and get to the important stuff. So, if you have any confusions, you can take a look at the 'ABOUT THIS CHAPTER' section to understand more ^-^ ENJOY!]

It was dark yet peaceful.

He didn't know where he was... but he didn't care. Even without cracking his eyes open, he felt calm- like his body was drifting in sparkling ocean waters... Just flowing along the slow current and lulling him into a deep sleep.

He could feel himself sinking, but it wasn't bad.

Everything; everything in the past... everything he could remember- he felt it being sucked out of his memories slowly, slowly...

All the pain he's felt, all the tears shed- he just feels them slip away and replaced by this calm emptiness. Like, he had nothing else to worry in the world.

Wherever he was, he...didn't want to leave.

"Eren..."

His eyes cracked open slightly and shifted to look around the impending darkness all around him. He was right- it was like an ocean... vast and deep, though he didn't feel the water. Above him, he could see the light shining down like how sunshine would shine into the ocean. He felt the calm trance slowly breaking; that voice stirred him up... There was something about it...

Where...?

"Eren...!"

He blinked his eyes wider and slowly regained composure...

Wait- that voice...

"...Le...vi...?"

"EREN!"

"Levi..."

The dilated pupils of his eyes blinked back to life- like he just broke out from a dream, an illusion... and he finally moved to take a better look at his surroundings.

...Was he dreaming?

It was weird. The place was weird. He found himself levitated in the dark abyss- wherever he was. His legs touched nothing and he could only see endless darkness below him; his own form just suspended.

But he was right; the place was like an ocean, like a deep trench below sea level.

"Where... Where am I...?" he whispered to himself.

"EREN!"

There was that voice again.

His breath hiked, head snapping to look at the sole bright light above him that pierced into the darkness.

"Levi!"

He was sure. It was Levi- he could hear Levi's voice!

Without hesitation, he reached out to the light- trying to move closer to it...