Chapter 01: Bad Day, Meeting Again?

CHAPTER 1: Bad Day, Meeting Again?

// "I keep getting this feeling that you're so familiar. I just want to ask; have I seen you somewhere before?" //

~*~

Could the day be getting any worse…? It was already as crappy as it is. Apparently, after some twist of events the previous night, Levi had gone home feeling much more light-headed and calm than he expected. It’d been such a long time since he’s slept that well- a little too well unfortunately; he got up late for the first time in his career life. And to make it much worse, his suit got soiled on his way out thanks to a clumsy accident by his neighbor. It was definitely one of the worst days that he would appear in the office in such a sloppy manner; he couldn’t stand the feeling of being dirty itself, so he had to go back in to change, delaying him further!

…And it was still getting worse.

Levi cursed a whole directory of foul words when he saw the long traffic. He even had to wait now, and he would be forced to check in to work late. Of course, he was one of the managers in the company, so it wouldn’t really be a big problem for him to be late, but he didn’t want to go through the annoying yet pointless questioning from Hanji. Not to mention having to answer to the CEO, Erwin, about his tardiness.

He almost literally strangled steering wheel when he remembered that Erwin was going to hand him a big load of work today. He wouldn’t get to finish it if he got to work late! He could feel the common throb in his head- not only at the thought of the extra work, but also at the constant honking of the other vehicles. He sighed; this was going to be a very long wait.

~*~

The moment he had parked his car and stepped out, he couldn’t even take a few steps forward when—

CRASH!

Loud crashing noises startled him and stopped him in his tracks. His steely eyes hardened, what could possibly be the problem now? He was already to the point of wanting to murder the next human being he set eyes on.

“Let go of me!”

He turned; that voice sounded familiar somehow…

“You’d better pay up, boy, or you and your little sister won’t be able to see light of day again…!”

Levi’s eyes caught sight of a group of gruff-looking men crowding around what appeared to be a teen boy in a nearby alleyway on the road toward the tall company building. He ground his teeth in irritancy, considering the fact that he really didn’t have any time for this, and that he had nothing to do with it. But, he hated to see pointless fights like that, even less fights that were loitering around the company building.

“I told you to give me time! And besides, it was because of you that my parents died! Why should I pay up anyway?!” the teen yelled angrily.

“Why you—!” one of the men, presumably the leader, lunged forward with his fist ready to strike a punch.

“Fuck off.”

The man yelped in surprise when Levi suddenly grabbed his hand in a crushing vice grip.

Levi gave one good kick to his shin and left him backing away from the pain.

“What the hell do ya want?! Are ya the boy’s guardian or somethin?!” another one of the men piped up.

“Tch,” Levi scoffed, “I have no connection whatsoever with him. But on a personal level, I hate to see shits like you fight for pointless reasons. Moreover, you’re right in front of my company. You’re going to soil the reputation of the company this way. I don’t want a dirty reputation, so all of you better scram.”