Twenty Six

Athena

No.

How is this possible?

This can't be possible.

There's no way... that right now..... my own brother is sitting before me, staring right into my very soul.

How is this even happening? How is he alive?! I watched him die. We both flipped completely upside down during that car crash and Blake never made it out alive.

I tried to wake him up but he was already covered in blood.

There's no way he is alive right now. Who is this man?!

"It's me Athena." His familiar voice made my whole body shake, causing my heart to slowly burst with enormous amounts of emotion.

I never checked his pulse. I never really knew if he was actually dead or not, I just assumed.

But then why didn't he rescue me when the Violet Kings took me away? Why didn't he try to stop them? None of this makes any sense.

"Keep your head down. We have to get out of here alive. I'll answer all of your questions then." Blake ordered as he pushed me down gently before he pulled out his gun in case it was needed.

What the actual hell is going on.

As soon as the car pulled up to an unfamiliar building, Blake instantly grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the car, dragging me towards the entrance with an incredible speed.

I tired to keep up with him as best as I could, but it was quiet hard since he was much taller than me.

I looked around the area and swallowed hard as I tried to process everything, stuck between feeling very confused and very relieved.

I was finally away from the Violet King territory and back where I belonged. I was home again, in Bishop's town. But I was still confused how all of this happened in the first place.

Everything happened so fast that I haven't even been able to process all of it. I was just down right confused and ready for answers.

Blake then lead me to a private room after we've been walking inside the building, before he closed the door and locked it.

My wide eyes met his before he sighed and pulled me in for a tight hug, catching me completely off guard as I gasped.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Blake breathed in my hair as I slowly wrapped my arms around him, still in disbelief.

"It's me Athena. I promise you it's me." He assured as he began rubbing my back, calming down my nerves.

"I... I don't understand." I spoke softly before he pulled away and looked into my glossy eyes.

"I thought you died." My voice trembled as I began to realize it was in fact my oldest brother standing before me.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you this long Athena. But I have answers to all of your questions." He gave me a comforting squeeze before he pulled me towards a set of chairs and sat down.

I then sat down slowly before I looked into his blue eyes, missing the gorgeous sight of them.

"I was knocked unconscious when we flipped, but afterwards I woke up and heard the guys talking to you. I knew with the condition I was in, I wasn't capable of successfully saving you. So I had to pretend I was dead and hope the guys weren't going to light my car on fire and kill me along with it. As soon as I saw them take you, I knew you offered them something that they wanted. So I knew you had a chance at surviving." He explained as my heart started racing.