Forty One

Athena

I couldn't help but feel guilty the entire time we drove to the abandon building, knowing exactly what future was set in store for Harry and his friends.

I didn't necessarily care for the other four guys, mainly because they never showed me any mercy and were always ruthless with me. But somehow I was concerned about Harry.

He didn't owe me anything, and technically I didn't owe him anything either. But that didn't stop me from feeling absolutely horrible for what I was doing to them.

I was leading them right to their death, and the worst part was that they were completely oblivious to it. They were very excited to gain more wealth, meanwhile I was swallowing down my honesty and feeding them with more countless lies.

Harry was the only one who was on edge the entire time, mainly because he is very smart and can sense the stress that's forming in my bones. He can somehow sense that there is something on my mind, yet he doesn't ask.

I'm starting to wonder if he wants to trust me on this one, but I have a gut feeling he knows something is up. Does he not want to mention it because he wants to see if I'm trustworthy?

I'm almost glad he didn't push it any further than necessary because I wouldn't be able to keep up with my lies and guilt. I would eventually cave in and say that the plans have changed.

I'm not good at hiding things from others when it bothers my own conscience. But the worst part is I don't know why this is bothering my conscience.

Shouldn't I be happy that these guys will be out of my hair and I'll be safe with my brother? Shouldn't I be ecstatic that my own enemy will die tonight? That revenge will finally pull through?

No I'm not. And I can't find out why no matter how hard I try. It's not because I grew soft on Harry and grew feelings for him. I don't think I could ever grow feelings for such a human being.

So then what is it? Was it his heroic acts and his determination to keep me alive and safe? Was it him handing me his coat when I was soaking wet, risking his own warmth? Was it him giving me his food when he was starving?

I didn't know. And it pained me that it somehow mattered to me in the slightest.

"This is the right place?" Zayn asked as he raised an eyebrow and pulled up to the abandoned house.

It was pitch black outside, almost hard to even see through the headlights.

I swallowed the rock in my throat, feeling an intense amount of pressure as I looked up at the tall dark building.

"Yes this is it." The moment I said those words Harry glanced over at me, staring deeply as if waiting for me to break.

He knows something is up. I just know he does. If so then why is he allowing it to happen? Why isn't he turning us around and saving his own ass?

"This place looks creepy as f***, you sure you're not taking us to some haunted house for revenge?" Louis spoke above a whisper as Zayn killed the engine and we all stared up ahead.

"Since when did you become a wuss puss? This is nothing compared to the stuff you see everyday." I waved off, swallowing another lump as I caught Harry staring at me yet again.

Please stop looking at me like that.

"This better be worth it. Or I'm feeding you to a pack of wolves tonight." Zayn threatened before he pulled out his gun.

"There's no need." I rolled my eyes before everyone got out of the car.

As soon as I stepped out Harry's eyes shifted towards mine, peering deep into my soul as I held my breath and kept my stare firm.