Fifty One

Athena

After our long conversation about what we were going to do to protect ourselves and fight against the Bishops and Darrians, the boys cleared the room, leaving Harry and I alone with each other.

I expected a long moment of uncomfortable silence between us, but to my surprise Harry was up for conversation.

"When's the last time you had a meal?" Harry questioned as he walked around the kitchen while I sat on the bar stool.

"Umm." I started but couldn't recall an answer myself.

"You've lost weight." He commented as he stared deep into my eyes while I traced my finger along the island.

"I've been living off on canned food and mac and cheese." I shrugged before I looked into his eyes, noticing sympathy in them.

"At least it kept you alive and well." He said as I blinked at him.

"I'll make you a big meal. You'll need it to get your strength back." He sighed as he walked towards the fridge and pulled out ingredients.

"Who said I didn't have strength?" I raised an eyebrow as he placed chicken on the counter.

"The boys said you barely put up a fight. That you were weaker than usual." He replied as I gasped aloud.

"What? I fought with all my might!" I defended as he smiled.

"Apparently it wasn't enough cuz you're here now." He smirked as I narrowed my eyebrows.

"There was three of them. It was impossible to not be captured." I spat as he chuckled.

"You're stronger than that." He smiled as I felt my cheeks heat.

"You thirsty?" He asked softly, already reaching for a couple glasses.

I stared at him intently, trying to understand his kind behavior before I answered.

"Yeah I can go for some water. Thank you." I replied as he filled up my cup and handed it to me.

Sudden tension filled in the room, both of us having many questions we wanted answered, but didn't know how to ask.

I wanted to know why he brought me back here. Why he was nice to me all of a sudden. Why he showed that he cared. Why he was gentle. Did he think I was fragile after what Lino did to me? Did he think I couldn't handle being on my own and he felt pity for me?

If he knew me well enough he would of known that I don't break down easily. I will always put up a fight unless all my sanity was pulled from me.

"How did you find me?" I decided to bite the bullet and be the first to ask, knowing Harry likes to beat around the bush when it comes to real emotions.

"I found a guy in the parking lot after you had left. Figured he wasn't from around here by the scared look on his face and the way he dressed. I intimidated him enough to give out some answers and sure enough he knew who you were." Harry started as I swallowed.

"Dr. Evans." I whispered, capturing his attention as I stared at the island.

"I hope he wasn't important because I killed him. I figured since you left him for dead tied up to his own car- you didn't have a need for him anymore." Harry commented as I nodded my head slowly.

"I asked him to help me escape from Lino and Blake. But he just sat there.... like a coward. Leaving me with those monsters." I whispered sadly as memories flashed before my eyes.

Harry paused for a moment, taking in my haunted flashbacks before he changed the subject.

"After he told me your brother would kill you before I had the chance, I was furious. So I was determined to find you before it was too late, and I searched high and low for you. I didn't see any signs of you until Louis went out of town for a business deal and he swore he saw you walking down the street. After that I had them keep an eye on you to confirm that it was in fact you. Once I got enough information I sent them to bring you here." He informed as I stared deep into his eyes.