Thirty Three

Athena

One week later:

After we boarded off our plane, we rushed to our rental car and made it safely to the fancy hotel room. We were tight on schedule so we had to make sure everything was going according to plan in order to get to the ball on time.

We still had to go over the plan diligently and change our outfits, making sure we looked our part for this special night.

Never in a million years did I think I'd be attending a private ball with my worst enemy's, but here I am, getting prepared to attend one with them.

I always dreamed of going with my brothers, having them escort me while we take our pictures and dance around the polished floors, pretending that we were there for the clout when really we were there to steal. And although my brothers would be occupied with the mission, I would find myself enjoying the company of celebrities who only talked about their fame and their expensive jewelry.

I just wanted to experience it. And I was proud of myself for getting to this moment, even if it was with the wrong people.

"Our suits just arrived." Zayn announced as he walked inside the room with six long bags covering our attire.

"Perfect. We're doing good on time. Everyone grab your suits and start getting ready. We still have to go over the plan one more time." Harry commented as everyone reached for their outfit.

"Athena... this one's yours." Harry said as he handed it to me, causing a smile to fall on my lips.

"What dress did you order?" He questioned as he looked down at me.

"You'll see it on me." I answered before I ran to the bathroom and locked the door so that they wouldn't bother me.

"We got twenty minutes people! Make it count!" Harry yelled as I felt rushed to put on my gorgeous blue gown and heavy make up.

I've never worn something so beautiful in my life, given the fact that I always slummed in comfy clothes. It was a gorgeous light blue dress with the right amount of glitter, tight and fitted around my chest and waist before coming all the way down to the floor and flowing out.

The dress would of dragged behind me if it weren't for my silver sparkly high heels, lifting me a couple inches off the ground.

As I stared at myself in the mirror, I never felt more beautiful. I've never worn something so elegant and so expensive in my life. This was only something I've ever dreamed of, despite the fact that I'm a tough girl in a gang world. We normally don't wish for something like this. But I was happy to be a part of it.

I then began doing my make up as perfect as I could, knowing I needed to be a distraction for this type of mission. I put on false lashes before doing my foundation, lipstick, eyeshadow and eye liner, not recognizing myself at all.

After I was done dabbing my face with makeup, I began curling my hair to finish the look.

"We're all dressed Athena. You better be ready!" Harry knocked on the door as soon as I was done curling my hair.

"Can a girl get dressed in private? Geez." I almost forgot why I was even here in the first place.

It wasn't for my profit or for my brothers. It was for theirs.

But if it gave me a chance to be in a whole other world and catch a break from mine, so be it. I deserved something like this. I've been stressed and put through enough.

"This one's for you Mason. I knew how badly you wanted to go to this ball with me."

"I swear to God if you want to waste my time-"