Twenty Nine

Athena

4 days later:

I stared through the thick wall of pure glass that surrounded the backside of the building, showing off the entire view of our city. I wasn't sure why my brother brought me here at first, considering the fact that we always stay in the suburbs where it's more secluded. But Blake told me that it was less of a risk of being captured if I was hidden amongst many of the civilians instead of being isolated where less help is around.

It made sense to me. I never really got a chance to be in the city as much as I grew older, mainly because that's where a lot of fights occurred. Just because it's our territory doesn't mean that we own it or that only Bishop gang members live here. Normal people that have nothing to do with gangs peruse this area all the time.

After all, this world is shared by everyone, no matter the background or title.

My brothers wanted to keep me safe in the suburbs so that I wouldn't get myself into trouble or be influenced by young adults who weren't gang related.

I was only allowed to have friends of the Bishop kind, anyone outside the line wasn't welcomed. I was taught they could influence me to abandon my family and leave behind everything that is important. Or worse, want nothing to do with the Bishops anymore.

I never made friends outside our circle. Nor did I ever grow curious about them. I had zero interest in anyone that wasn't a Bishop. And maybe that's because we are kinda haughty about ourselves. I guess Harry was right about that. We did have a big ego.

I only saw the city when I was younger and more naive, but as soon as my conscience started working and I had a better understanding of things, I was no longer allowed back in.

But now that I'm here, seeing the beautiful tall buildings and the vast number of people, I couldn't help but smile. It felt good to be back here.

Suddenly the entire building shook, causing my eyes to grow wide as I heard screaming from down below. I took a step closer towards the window before I peered down and saw multiple citizens running for their lives.

The hell? Is there an earth quake?

Another vibration went through the entire room, causing me to stand perfectly still and hold my balance while I looked up above me. Am I safe? Where's Blake? I remember he told me he had a meeting to go to. What floor was he on again?

The alarm system suddenly went off, causing my heart to race as I looked around the room frantically, trying to think of what could possibly be happening.

But before I had the chance to run to the door, it already opened by itself, causing my entire body to freeze.

Smoke instantly entered inside the room, making my insides turn with fear before a small ball was thrown at my direction.

My wide eyes watched as the ball bounced passed me before it ticked for three seconds, making me realize exactly what it was just based off of the shape.

Grenade.

I gasped before I jumped as far as I could from the window, swallowing my scream as it exploded against the glass, creating a massive hole in the building.

As soon as I looked up, a tall figure emerged from the huge cloud of smoke, causing my heart to race as I studied them hard and wondered who was coming after me.

My stomach twisted into knots as soon as I recognized the tattoo on the hand that was holding a pistol, aiming it right at my face.

Harry.

"Are you sh*tting me?!" I screamed at him as he made his way towards me slowly.

"Why are you here?! Why did you come back for me?!" I was furious. I was finally free from this monster and I was getting some actual peace into my life, but now he has returned and it's all gone!