Forty Seven

Athena

My legs trembled in an uncomfortable pattern as water poured all over my body, washing me of my trauma and regret. I felt vulnerable under the gaze of the shower head, covering my body with my bruised arms as I shivered violently under its touch.

The temperature was all the way to boiling hot, but for some reason it felt like it was below freezing. I couldn't feel from my waist down as I stood still, letting the water clean me since I wasn't capable of doing it myself.

I blinked twice as I stared at the white wall that surrounded me, wondering how I got myself in this situation.

Not too long ago I was showering in a hotel with my enemies just behind the door. And yet I didn't feel this much loss and emptiness as I do now in my own territory.

I would give anything to be in a different bathroom right now with someone behind the door who truly cared about me.

But instead I was faced with reality as I heard a fist bang against the door, waking me from my dark void.

"You've been in there for almost an hour! Get your ass out here before I pull you out of the shower myself!" Lino's voice boomed through the walls before I blinked back at the shower knob.

I then turned the water off before I pushed the curtain back and wrapped my bruised body in a soft towel, feeling my legs tremble as I attempted to step out.

I whimpered in pain as my lips trembled, feeling my lower regions ache as I shuffled towards the mirror.

Before I had the chance to change into my clothes, I made the mistake of looking at myself in the mirror, feeling disgusted by my presence.

I had a large circular bruise around my neck, showing off a dark blue and purple hue.

I blinked down at my wrists to avoid my disgusting reflection, knowing I needed to be strong if I wanted to get out of here successfully.

As much as I wanted to curl up in a ball and die, I knew I needed to suck it up and give myself the benefit of an escape plan. I needed to be strong for myself and seek help and shelter elsewhere.

Cuz I sure as hell knew I wouldn't get it from here.

I then threw a large oversized sweater over my body, feeling it brush against my mid thigh before I slipped on black panties, almost tripping during the process.

It hurt to bend, hurt to move.

Everything just hurts like hell. And I hate myself that I allowed it to happen.

I don't think I could ever forgive myself for letting him win so easily. I should of fought harder- why didn't I fight harder?

"Athena." Lino called out behind the door before he forced it open, pausing by the frame as he realized I was done.

His eyes raked over my body, almost causing me to whimper but I held it in. I couldn't let him see how destroyed I felt at this very moment. I wanted to act tough so that his ego wouldn't continue to grow.

He needed to know it takes a lot more to break me.

"You look ravishing." He grinned as his eyes never left my body.

"Please. Spare me your compliments." I spoke softly, hating how feminine I sounded at the moment.

"What's the matter? You look a little exhausted." He grinned as his arms crossed over his chest, causing my stomach to tighten.

I turned towards him as I clenched my hands into fists, wishing he would step out of my way.

"Can you please move. I need to get out." I asked politely as he raised an eyebrow.