Thirty Five

Athena

"Bloody hell!" Niall cursed as everyone looked completely shocked and in disbelief.

"What the hell happened back there?" Zayn breathed as he looked back.

"I gotta say that was unexpected." Liam commented as I looked down at my shaky hands, noticing they wouldn't stop.

"Who the f*** was shooting up the place? They totally messed up our plans!" Louis growled in frustration.

Harry's hands suddenly landed on top of mine, gripping them gently to ease my nerves as Louis sped down the road.

"Did he hurt you?" He questioned quietly so that only I could here.

"Even if he did it doesn't matter." I responded as I looked down at his large hands.

"Why was he trying to take you?" He wondered.

"I don't know. He's a psychopath. Even more so than you." I replied as he smiled sadly.

"No one will ever succeed in taking you away from me." He assured as he squeezed my hands before releasing them.

"What the hell took you guys so long to get out of there?" Zayn asked as Harry looked over at his friend.

"Someone was trying to kidnap Athena." Harry announced as the whole car group fell silent.

"Well that was a real sh*t show." Zayn huffed after he threw his duffel bag on the ground and flopped on the couch.

"We missed out on our one opportunity." Zayn added as everyone dragged themselves in the hotel room.

"This was a great waste of time by the way." Zayn said as Harry closed the door and locked it.

"We weren't the only ones after the stone." I spoke quietly, capturing everyone's attention.

"What do you mean?" Liam asked as I walked towards one of the couches and sat on it, taking off my heels during the process.

"There was another gang there... they call themselves the Darriens." I informed as the room fell silent.

"You mean the sex trafficking mafia?" Louis asked for clarification as he crossed his arms.

I nodded my head as Harry kept his eyes focused on me.

"Holy sh*t. And they tried to take you?" Niall gasped as they all stared at me in disbelief.

"Athena was calling for my help when the gun shots went off, I think it was a distraction for them to kidnap her and steal the stone." Harry assumed as he walked towards me.

"But why her? Do they know she's a Bishop?" Zayn asked.

"I don't know why he wanted me. But he wouldn't leave me alone that night. He talked to me twice, filling my ears with sweet nonsense." I sighed as I rested my elbows on my knees.

"What a f***ing perv." Louis spat.

"I'm not sure if it's because he has something on her, or if he was just attracted to her." Harry puzzled as I glanced at him. 

"I don't know what it was. But the dude gave me the creeps." I breathed as chills ran down my spine.

"What's his name again?" Louis wondered.

"Lino." Harry responded quickly, surprising me with the answer.

"He almost put a bullet between my eyes. He's gonna pay for that." Harry seethed as I swallowed hard, knowing I was the reason he is still alive.