Forty Eight

Athena

I needed to get out of here. Staying wasn't an option. This place was crawling with evil beings that didn't know what mercy or justice was. They fed off on fear and consumed power. And the stronger they become, the less chance I will get at escaping.

It's now or never.

Unfortunate for me us Bishops tend to live in large buildings rather than private houses. It's easier to handle important things and stay close together in case of an emergency. And people will be less likely to come in and disrupt the place.

My brother was smart to bring me here. I have a very slim to no chance of escaping since this place was swarmed with Bishops and Darrians. And if everyone knew what my motives were, they were gonna do everything in their power to keep me in here.

"Athena. Do you have permission to leave your room?" A Bishop guard asked me as I exited out of my bedroom.

I froze in place before I glanced around, noticing he was the only one by my door.

"I always have permission if I need to visit Dr. Evans." I answered before crossing my arms over my chest.

He raised an eyebrow before eyeing me up and down suspiciously, debating if he should believe me or not.

"Blake do you copy?" He suddenly spoke into his walkie talkie, causing me to roll my eyes and lean against one hip.

Are they serious right now? What kind of orders did my brother give to our group? Did he tell the whole building about me? If so.... is everyone going to think I'm a traitor?

If I leave this building, I'm going to show everyone in the Bishop territory that I no longer want to be a part of them. That I'm choosing to find a new course in life and leave their protection and ways.

I was willing to risk that though, because the longer I stood in this building the more I realized I didn't want to be a part of it anymore. I was officially done with my gang. They're not here to protect me or keep me safe from monsters. Their goal is to force me to be here while Lino continuously r*pes and tortures me.

Why on earth would I want to be loyal to that?

I'm better off being on my own than staying here. Even though this is the only place I've ever known, I knew I no longer belonged here. The only reason I would stay would be for Blake. But he has changed. Everything has changed. And with them making connections with the Darrians it's only gonna get worse. I need to get out of here before it's too late.

"What's up Greg?" Blake spoke through the speaker as I clenched my jaw.

"Your sister wants to visit Dr. Evans. Do you approve?" He asked as there was a long pause.

"Sure. But follow her there." Blake responded as I stood up straight.

Thank you for falling into my trap brother.

"Alright. You heard the boss." Greg sighed as he stepped away from the door before escorting me towards the elevator.

I waited patiently for the elevator to arrive to the third floor before the doors slid open and Greg took the first step out. I followed shortly behind him, almost kicking his ankles with my shoe from walking so fast.

"What's the hurry?" Greg raised an eyebrow as he looked over his shoulder and peered down at me.

"I don't feel good. I know Dr. Evans can fix that." I lied before curling my arms around my stomach.

"Well don't trip yourself up while you're at it." He commented before he looked ahead and continued on his path.

"I won't." I smiled as I followed close.