fletcher

as soon as i got into bed last night i think i fell asleep straight away that's how tired i was. moving and meeting new people is exhausting, i kinda don't blame the two others girls for just disappearing last night. i crawl out of bed, it's 10am, i cant hear much going on from down the corridor so i think everyone slept till around the same time.

i climb out of bed, straightening the covers out and then sitting beside my desk looking at my tired face in the mirror. i brush through my blonde hair and apply moisturiser and lip balm to my face to make myself look a little more alive.
i pull some white socks onto my feet and pull a hoodie onto my body, pairing it with my bike shorts i wore for bed.

once i look a little more awake and presentable, i finally leave my room, heading down the hallway to the kitchen/ living room area. "good morning" alex says, the first person to spot me.

"take a seat at the table, i've decided to make breakfast for everyone to make up for being an anti social bitch yesterday" zoe says, stood behind the stove cooking up some food. i nod and take a seat behind alex, glancing up at cari who is already looking right back at me.

the other girl megan is sat on the sofa, from the sounds of it watching tiktoks on her phone. "have you seen the size of the spider cari had in her room last night?" alex says to me and i shake my head. cari widens her eyes and passes me her phone to show me a picture.

"fuck that i'm glad i was asleep and didn't have to witness it" i say, handing it back to her. "i'm surprised you didn't hear her scream" alex says, giggling.

i unlock my phone and scroll through instagram while i wait for breakfast, a notification coming up catches my attention.
'findingxfletcher followed you'

i look up at her and she gives me a little smirk and then looks back down at her phone.

"have you been to new york fashion week?" cari asks, putting her phone on the table. everyone stays silent and she looks to me with her eyebrows raised.

"no never but i'd love too" i tell her. megan brings over a couple of plates of food and puts them down in the middle of the table along with some knives and forks and plates.

"here you go, enjoy i gotta go" she says, quickly grabbing her bag and jogging out of the apartment in a hurry. alex shrugs her shoulder and helps herself to a few pancakes and fruit, while cari eyes up the plates debating if she's having any.

"well i've been invited tonight and tomorrow and can bring a plus one. alex is on a date with her boyfriend and since your a model, would you like to come with?" cari asks.

i nod instantly.

"i'd love too if that's ok with you" i say, trying to act cool and not freak out about how excited i am.

"yeah it'll be fun, let's do it" she tells me.

i text my mom back who's been none stop blowing up my phone because she's worried that i can't look after myself even though i'm 22. "she wouldn't poison us would she?" cari questions, still staring at the breakfast in confusion.

"well i'm already one pancake down and nothings happened so i'm sure you'll be fine" alex says, continuing to eat her food.

i reach over to the plate to grab something but meet cari's hand instead, who was about to do the same thing as me. she looks up at me and smiles, nodding and motioning for me to go first, pulling her hand back onto her lap.

i smile and take a couple of things, then letting her get something to eat.