second morning

"shall we wake her up" i hear from the outside of my closed door, i knew i should've locked it last night. i blink my eyes multiple times as they adjust to the light that's shining in through the gaps that aren't covered on my window. "alex that's mean" i hear cari says, but a giggle come out of her mouth regardless.

"she was with you when you crashed my date she's equally as guilty" alex says. i laugh to myself quietly and fix my hair with my hands.

"guys you know if your planning on waking me up you should be a little quieter and discrete about it" i shout loud enough for them to hurt me, silence soon follows but then the silence quickly turns into laughter. soon enough my door opens and the two girls come piling in my room, both of them lying either side of me on my bed.

"woah your bed is way comfier than mine" cari says, lying on her side facing me, propping her head up with her hand.

"i brought a memory foam thing to put over it because i didn't trust that the mattress would be comfy" i explain, hugging onto my pillow, still exhausted.

"i'm going to starbucks for breakfast if you guys want me to bring you anything" she tells us, i'm guessing her boyfriend stayed over last night and was in her room when she came back.

"can i have an iced coffee and a blueberry muffin or cookie or something" i say, yawning and rubbing my eyes. alex nods making a note of it on her phone. "i'll have the same actually" cari says, lying her head on my pillow and going on her phone.

"do i ask the other girls" the blonde girl asks, getting up off my bed and standing by my door. "they wouldn't ask you" cari says and i nod at her with agreement. alex gives us the thumbs up and leaves my room, her and her boyfriends voices fading down the hallway. i move up across my bed a little giving cari more space, not entirely sure if she's staying or going.

i watch her frown her eyebrows as her phone vibrates and she gets a notification. she glances at me and shows me her phone, seeing a text from alex.

why the fuck is the kitchen so messy btw, there's literally trash everywhere.
received at 9:56am

i look at cari as we both frown at each other, "come with me to check it out" she says, climbing out of my bed and holding her hand out for me. i take hold of it and follow her lead down the hallway, the floors cold against my bare feet.

both of our eyes widen as soon as we see the kitchen and living room. trash everywhere, empty bottles, food on the floor. i take one of cari's fluffy blankets from the basket beside the sofa and wrap it around myself, it's not exactly the warmest apartment i've ever been in. "i know exactly who did this, i heard from last night" cari says, and motions for me to follow me.

we end up outside of megan's bedroom door which cari knocks loudly on. "who is it" we hear her groan. "it's cari, i suggest you come and clean up your mess out here. we have to live here too and it's fucking disgusting" the girl beside me says, almost yelling at her. we walk back down to the kitchen living area and look around for somewhere to sit that's not full of trash.

cari grabs two chairs from the kitchen table and puts them next to the wall. we both sit down and watch as megan lazily walks in and looks around sighing. "oh come on it's not that bad" she says, but cari frowns at her in disagreement, making me smile a little. she starts clearing everything up while we both watch. not going to lie this is really awkward.

not long after alex arrives back with her boyfriend which i haven't met yet. "hey i'm reggie nice to meet you" he says, shaking my hand. i smile at him and look at alex who has her eyebrows raised, watching megan continue to clean up.

i hug the blanket around my body and continue watching everyone, this house is entertaining as it is, we don't even need to turn the tv on. "here you go ladies" alex says, handing us our iced coffees and a bag with 3 cookies in it.

"wanna half the third one" cari says. i look at her and nod, then watch as she splits the cookie perfectly in half and gives it to me.

"you guys are so fucking loud" zoe says, appearing out of nowhere. a towel wrapped on her head like she's just got out of the shower. i see alex subtly roll her eyes, "good morning to you too" the blonde girl says sarcastically.

cari playfully nudges me in my arm, i turn my head to look at her meeting her brown eyes instantly. her hoodie hanging off her body, while her shorts are hidden underneath, her face natural with no makeup. "your not a morning person are you" she says, picking up on my quietness.

"nope not at all" i tell her, resting my head back on the wall behind us and closing my eyes.

"i can tell, i feel bad for waking you up now" she says with a little giggle.

"don't feel bad, it doesn't matter what time i wake up i'm always in a mood for an hour or something" i explain to her, opening my eyes and taking a swig of my drink. she laughs and finishes the rest of her cookies.