flights

this is possibly my last update before christmas, hope you all have the best time during the holidays whatever your doing.
//

thursday came around quickly enough and after a fairly short flight we arrived back in florida. i feel like i haven't been here in ages, but it's not even been that long. everyone takes a cab back to my parents house, my eyes widening when we see the destruction around the house.

it could of been a lot worse, but bits of the roof seem to have fallen off, flooding, broken trees around. my mom and stepdad go over to talk to the neighbours who are outside cleaning up their drive, while cari and i stand in front of the house with the kids.

"welcome to where i grew up" i say to the girl beside me. she looks at me and puts her arm around my waist. "we will get it all sorted don't worry" she says, kissing the side of my head.

"i'll go and drop the kids off at grandmas while you guys get started" my mom says, getting them all into the car.

we nod. my stepdad open the front door of the house and we all go in to the flooded floors, some leaking coming through the ceilings. i check out the back garden where the pool and everything is to just see more of the same destruction.
"ok erm, we will start out front. move as much trash as you can and put it in the neighbours truck" he tells us.

/
a couple of hours have passed and me, mom and cari have managed to move most of the stuff off the drive. my stepdad has been sorting out the leaks inside and sweeping out most of the water from the house.

"hey, i was thinking. we need to check into our hotel, drop our stuff off and then we could bring some food back for us all before we do some more clearing" cari says, coming over to me and attaching her hand gently to my arm.

"okay yeah that sounds fine, nobody's eaten all day" i tell her and she nods. i walk over to my parents who are talking to the neighbours again, cari following behind me.

"emilia, how's new york treating you. we have all missed you." the man says, who's known me since i was little. i smile at him and his wife. "it's been good yeah, i love it". i explain to them.

just as they are about to talk, a girl comes out of their house shouting them both. but once she looks at me she stops and freezes. i kinda forgot to mention that my ex girlfriend, the one who cheated on me with my best friend lives next door to my mom.

"oh. hi, i didn't know you were back" she says, looking at me with shock on her face. i nod. she slowly walks over to me and pulls me into a hug whispering into my ear, "i know you probably hate me but they don't know what happened" she says, referring to our breakup.

once she pulls away, fletcher steps beside me clearing her throat. "oh, erm this is my ex lucy. and this is one of my room mates cari" i introduce them both awkwardly.

cari looks at her and then back at me and mumbles out a little "oh".

"i know who she is, i've listened to her music before" lucy says with a smile.

she looks back to her parents who are no longer paying attention. she takes hold of my hand, certainly getting a reaction from cari. "hey look. i shouldn't of done what i did, i know i was drunk but that doesn't excuse what happened. and i just want you to know that i'm sorry. i really am. and i miss you, it's really good to see you" she says to me. i can tell by cari's face that she's pieced everything together from what i told her that night at the wine bar.

"do you still see her?" i ask, referring to my ex best friend.

"no, why would i, she took advantage of me while i was drunk and ruined my relationship with the girl i loved just because she was jealous that she wasn't getting your attention" lucy explains, frowning her eyebrows.

cari interrupts the conversation, putting her hand around my waist. "hey sorry but we do really need to go and check in to that hotel" she says to me, i turn my head and meet her eyes. i nod, "do you mind going telling my mom quickly?" i ask her.

she thinks about it for a second, glancing at lucy and then me. clearly debating leaving my with her momentarily, but then she nods and walks over to them. "can i give you a proper hug before you go?" lucy asks.

i smile and nod at her, stepping into her arms which she wraps around me tightly. i relax slightly into her body, my hands rested on her back. over her shoulder i see cari walking back over, annoyance plastered on her face.

"they said we have done enough for today, we can do some more tomorrow. so we can just go back to the hotel and order room service or something" she says. i pull away from lucy, cari giving her the dirtiest look.

"ok let's go" i tell her, stepping back off the drive to the cab cari ordered. "em wait. will i see you again before you go back for new york" lucy yells.

i turn around and shrug my shoulders with a smile on my face. "maybe" i reply, seeing a grin grow on her face. i get into the cab and close the door, looking at cari who is starting out of the window.

/

"why are you mad?" i ask cari, trying to catch up to her as she rushes away from the hotel desk with the room key. "i'm not" she says, still not slowly down or looking at me at all. she unlocks the door and goes inside the room, not even holding the door for me.

"yes you are" i say to her, putting my bag down on the floor and walking over to her.

"maybe because i had to stand there, listening to you and your ex girlfriend flirt while i'm just referred to as your roommate" she tells me, leaning on the window ledge and staring out.

"first of all, i wasn't flirting. and second what do you want me to call you?" i question as i stand behind her. she turns around quickly and frowns at me. "hmm i don't know, maybe say we're dating" she says.

i furrow my eyebrows, "are we?" i question.
she goes to speak but then stops herself, her face softening. she awkwardly looks down at her feet.
"kinda, i don't know. i want to call it that, i don't want this to just be a little fling" she says.

"okay, i guess we're dating then" i tell her.

she looks up and her facial expressions instantly change, a flirty look on her face as cari steps back and dominant fletcher returns. she grabs hold of my waist and pulls me into her body tightly.

"will you miss me when i'm on tour?" she asks, her voice all seductive and deep as her hands squeeze my waist.

"hm i don't know, maybe" i reply back to her, a grin on my face.

"i'll make you miss me" she says, pulling me in closer and attaching her lips to mine for the first time today. my hands gripping onto her t shirt as she brings hers up to my neck.