fashion week pt 3

"damn cari" alex says as her best friend walks into the living room all ready in her outfit for tonight. the leather pants with the sleeveless leather jacket on top and a small black top underneath, a black choker around her neck.
"do i look alright" she says, knowing fully well that she looks amazing.

i sit on the sofa in my little black dress that cari gave me earlier, alex helped us both do our hair and makeup. "yeah you look great" i say.

"oh here, so we don't get cold this time" she says, handing me her vintage leather jacket that she's obsessed with. "thank you" i say, slipping it on.

findingxfletcher: @coach 📸

/

cari and i walk through the streets of new york after our driver dropped us off like 10 minutes down the street instead of right outside the show. "this one's thankfully indoor, so if it does rain, it won't matter" she says to me, a grin on her face.

"i've worked with coach before actually, just modelling stuff for their social media. i could never be a runway model" i tell her.

she looks at me and frowns her eyebrows, pushing the strand of hair that falls in her face back. "why not? you'd look amazing as a runway model" she says to me, putting her hands in her leather pant pockets.

"i don't really give off the runway model vibe, i'm not cool enough for that " i tell her and she laughs instantly. "well i could see it happening" she says, nudging my arm like she always does.

we both look across the street as we see a crowd of people entering a fancy looking place. i'm guessing that's it. we cross over and cari rummages in her bag and pulls out the invite she got sent. "hello ladies, name?" a man says dressed in his black tux, looking at his guest list he has in front of him.

"cari fletcher" the girl beside me says. he looks up and down the list and then finds her name. "and this is your plus one" he asks, looking up at me, sending me a smile, his messy brown hair falling on his forehead. cari nods, looking at him weirdly.

"what's your name gorgeous" he asks.
"emilia parker" i tell him and he writes it down.

"ok just this way ladies, may i" he says, holding his arm out for me to link. i look at cari and shrug my shoulders, taking his arm. he leads us to where we are sitting and moves aside to we can sit down. "if you need anything just let me know" he says, smiling at me one last time and then leaving.

"well he was definitely trying to flirt with you" cari says, raising her eyebrows at me.

"he seemed alright, but i haven't dated guys since probably high school" i tell her with a little laugh leaving my mouth. she looks away and nods slowly, kinda like she made a mental note of that to herself.

"is that miss cari fletcher?" a girl says taking a seat on the other side of cari, she looks a little familiar but i don't know where from. cari turns and looks at her and then gasps. "miss debby ryan" she says, both of them hugging each other.

"how have you been?" she asks cari, her hand placed on her leg. oh i know exactly who that is, she may hate me for referring to her as this, but isn't she disney girl, who was in like nearly all the disney channel programmes.

"not to bad, how about you" cari asks politely and debby nods with a smile. "not too bad either, who's your date?" she asks, looking at me and reaching out her hand for me to shake.

"oh this is my roommate emilia" cari explains as i shake her hand. "so nice to meet you" i say, trying to sound as friendly and polite as i can.

"has cari ever told you that your so damn hot, like i'm married but damn?" debby asks looking between the both of us, cari having the biggest grin on her face. i mess with the rings on my fingers, a habit i have when i'm nervous or kinda shy.

"she did, in the first 5 minutes of meeting her actually" i explain and she nods in approval, patting cari on the leg and then putting her hand back on her own lap. i look around seeing the photographers setting up and making sure they're ready in time for the show to start.

i grab my film camera out of my bag and take a couple of photos, and then put it away quickly as the lights dim and music plays. cari scoots closer to me, giving debby more space on to the left of her. i feel her eyes on me but i keep mine on the runway, smiling as the first lot of models make their ways out.

"have you got your own little business card or something with your socials and photos of you on?" cari whispers to me, putting her hand on my shoulder. i turn my head to look at her, unaware of how close her face is to mine. her eyes travel down to my lips momentarily but she soon retains eye contact when i nod.

i look away and grab a card, handing it to her wondering what she wants it for. she looks around, getting the attention of the guy who let us inside earlier. "can you get this to your boss for us?" she asks him quietly, not wanting to disturb the show.

he nods and takes the card, smiling at me and then leaves. "surely that won't work?" i say to cari.

"we will soon see" she says with a smile on her face.

"thank you" i tell her.