date

"meg what the fuck do i wear?" i ask her, rummaging through my closet as she watches me from the bed with awe. "well i think this is what cari is wearing" she says, walking over to me she showing me a photo she just posted on instagram.

findingxfletcher: do you ever miss me

i turn around and look back to my closet, thinking to myself. "ok black leather pants, this black t shirt, and these boots" meg says, picking out the outfit and putting it together on my bed. i look at it and nod, "ok that's cute" i say, grabbing the outfit and taking it into the bathroom to get changed. i look at myself in the middle, zipping up my pants and sorting out my boots making sure they are comfortable.

"is she ready?" i hear cari's voice from outside my bathroom door. i widen my eyes and grab my favourite bottle of perfume, spraying some on my neck and my wrists.

the outfit ^^^

the outfit ^^^

"emilia i'm coming in there" meg says, sneaking into the bathroom, leaving cari in my bedroom alone. she looks at me and smiles, brushing her hands through my hair and then giving me the nod of approval. "you look great, what's up?" she asks as i turn around and lean on the sink, taking a breath.

"i'm really nervous for some reason" i tell her and she starts laughing, rubbing her hand on my shoulder. "it's only cari" she says, giggling to herself. the bathroom door opens the the girl we were just talking about walks in, wearing her blue corset. she looks at me and smiles, "come on you" she says, unexpectedly picking me up and carrying me into the living room.

"put me down" i laugh, gripping onto her shoulders, scared that she will drop me. she gently puts me back on the floor and puts her hands in her pant pockets. "here's your bag and your phone" meg says, putting it on my shoulder and shoving my phone inside the bag. cari opens the door and lets me out first before following behind.

"so where are we going?" i ask, folding my arms as we walk towards the elevator. she looks at me and shrugs her shoulders, pretending like she has no idea to keep it secret. "that's our taxi" she says, saying hello to the driver and opening the car door for me. i climb inside and then she closes it and runs around to the other side to get in.

"i hate surprises you know" i say to her as she looks over at me, her same dimples showing on her face as she smiles at me. "awww poor you" she jokes and i gently smack her arm. she's nervous too, i can tell by how quiet she is. normally she doesn't stop talking, especially when she's around alex. cari scoots over, sitting in the middle seat so she is closer to me. she nudges me in the arm playfully, still with an uncontrollable smile on her face.

the taxi driver is definitely giving us a weird look right now but that's ok. "do you have any tattoos?" cari asks me and i nod. i move my hair and tilt my head so she can see the one on my neck behind my ear which says breathe. "i have one on my ankle as well" i tell her.

"i have this one on my neck too" she says, showing me her little truth tattoo. "that's cute" i tell her, watching as she fixes her hair, looking in the reflection of her phone.
"can i keep this in your bag?" she asks, handing me her phone, i nod and shove it in next to mine.

"thank you for last night by the way, i was a mess" i say, shaking my head embarrassed with myself. she laughs, "you weren't even bad, do you remember everything?" she asks and i nod.

"i always do".

/

the taxi driver pulls up at a huge building, i look at cari who watches my reaction. "come on" she says, her typical flirty look on her face. she leads me inside as i hold onto her arm, taking us in the elevator and pressing the button for the top floor.

"hey reservation for cari?" she says to the guy at the door, dressed in his black suit. i look around the busy restaurant packed full of fancy looking people. "just this way, we reserved you a seat by the window" he says, leading us to it.

he pulls out both of our chairs and i sit down looking out of the window which looks over new york. now i know why she wanted to bring me here. "so i literally had no idea where to take you, i was going to do something more fun. but then i saw this and the view and was like sure why not" she says, admiring the view out side.

"it's really pretty" i say, grabbing my phone out and taking a picture, spotting the empire state building in the distance. i take hold of the menu looking at what i can get. "it's a bit fancy in here" cari says, looking at all the options which we have no idea what they are.

"i don't know what any of this is" i say and we both start laughing realising this restaurant is way too fancy for us. i put down my menu and look at cari, seeing her eyebrows furrowed as she reads hers. "red wine?" she asks, looking up realising i was watching her. i nod, "yeah sure" i say.

"hi are you ladies ready to order?" a waiter asks, coming over. his pad and pen in his hand ready to write it down. "can we get a bottle of your house red wine?" cari asks, watching as he nods and writes it down.

"can i get whatever pasta you have?" i ask. "i'll have the same" cari adds. once he gets our orders he walks away, leaving us with two wine glasses. and soon after brings over our drink. cari and i both reach to grab it, looking each other and laughing once our hands meet. i let go and she opens it and pours us both a glass.

"why were you so nervous to come out with me?" cari asks, playing with the rings on her hands as she leans on the table a little bit. "why are you so nervous to be out with me?" i question, copying her.

"i'm not, but i asked you first pretty" she says, sipping her wine. i sigh and mess about with the stem of my glass. "i don't know, it's just been a while since i've done something like this" i tell her honestly.

"since your ex?" she asks and i nod. "i'd love to start dating again but it's hard to find someone who i can trust you know, especially because my girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend" i explain to her, she nods.

"you can trust me, i'd never hurt you, i've had my heartbroken one too many times i know exactly how it feels, i could never do that to someone" she says, flashing her brown eyes at me. i look down and smile.

"i think the scary part is that i do trust you, even though i've not even known you that long" i say just as the waiter comes over with our food.