real love

my brothers and i have been watching some random kids movies for the past couple of hours, just to distract them from what's going on. my sister mollie has been in my room all day, messing with my makeup and clothes. mom has been constantly on her phone calling people trying to find out what's happened to her house.

when it settles down i'll go back home to help out, i know a lot of people in the neighbourhood and i hate to see them suffering. mom sits down besides me and sighs. "i dont know if this is the right time but i really need to talk you about something mom" i say to the woman beside me.

i look over at cari who is stood in the kitchen, leaning on the counter. "boys, come with me a second" she says to my brothers who all get up and follow her.

"what's up honey?" she asks, my step dad now joining us which isn't ideal but i guess he should know too. "i know, i know about my real dad" i say nervously. she widens her eyes and puts her head in her hands instantly. i start tearing up seeing her reaction, a few tear drops falling down my cheeks. "have you seen him?" she asks, mumbling into her hands.

"yeah i have. and he explained everything. he's free of everything he did now" i tell her. she looks up at me, crying like me. "i'm sorry honey, i'm sorry i never told you. i was terrified" she explains to me. i quickly hug her and shake my head, "it's ok, i completely understand" i say into her hair, the tears flowing down my face.

she pulls away from me and stands up, wiping underneath her hands. "gosh i better go and sort myself out in the bathroom" she says, walking away with my stepdad following giving me the dirtiest look as he walks past.

i lean my head back on the sofa and stare at the ceiling, some reason unable to stop crying. shortly after cari reappears, her face softening as soon as she sees me. she stands in front of me and puts her arms out for me to hug her. i pull myself up out of the sofa and let her wrap her arms around me tightly. "how did she take it?" she asks as i stand their breathing in her comforting scent,

"well i think she's sobbing in the bathroom right now so not good" i tell her, burying my head further into her neck as she holds me tighter. i pull away from cari, shaking my head and taking a deep breath walking into the kitchen.

i grab a bottle of tequila and a shot glass but before i am able to pour it, it's taken off me and i'm span around, my back resting on the counter. "you don't need to do that, it won't make anything feel better" cari says with her hands on my waist, her oversized blue cardigan hanging off her. i sigh and look down at the floor.

she leans in and rests her forehead on mine. "no matter what i'm here for you" she tells me quietly. i smile a little and look into her eyes.

"thank you" i whisper.

"i know you love pushing me away, but what we have is real. i don't want to throw that away. i've never felt this strongly about somebody in my life" she explains to me, the thought of it quite terrifying but at the same time just exactly what i want to hear.

"i don't want you to go on anymore dates" i say, a small grin on my face. cari let's out a laugh, "i don't want too either" she tells me, holding my waist just a little bit tighter. she takes her forehead off mine and looks at me.

"you going to give me a chance?" she asks, within a second i nod straight away.

with her hands on my waist she pulls my body as close to hers as she possibly can, her breath tickling my face. with a smile she leads in and kisses me gently, my hands coming up and taking hold of her knitted cardigan. "alright love birds we have things to do" alex says coming in, both of us pulling away from the kiss as she scares the shit out of us. cari and i glance at each other but look down straight away, both of our cheeks turning red. like two nervous kids after a first kiss.

alex look at us like a proud mother, but then clears her throat and holds up some blow up beds and blankets for the kids. i forgot it was that late to be honest.

we set up the twins beds in my room where my mom is sleeping, and the other two in the living room. after tucking them all in and saying goodnight, i head into cari's room, who has changed into a calvin klein bra and some sweatpants. she smiles and pretty much skips over to me and pecks my lips. i watch as she then grabs a t shirt and hands it too me so i can sleep in it.

i change and climb into her bed beside her. we both turn into our sides, facing each other. "you have such pretty eyes" she tells me, tucking my hair behind my ear. "ok enough of the compliments i'm too tired" i tell her, clearly blushing but i hope she can't tell cause it's dark.

"go to sleep then" she says, putting her arms around me, pulling my into her so i can rest my head on her chest just above her boobs. "goodnight"