florida day two

hiiiii, I'm back I'm so sorry I've been dealing with a lot in the past year its been so annoying and I've not even had the chance to think about these stories but I want to get back writing again, so hey :) how are you all doing. drop me a message come and say hey.

///////////////

"morning beautiful" cari says, kissing the top of my head as she plays with my hair, lay in bed in the hotel room. I look around the dark room, sunlight beaming through the exposed parts of the windows. "morning" I say quietly, not properly awake yet I grab my phone from beside me and check the time. 10am. "oh we had a bit of a lie in" I say to cari who continues comfortingly playing with my hair. "I know I think we needed it we did a lot yesterday" she says, "there's still a lot to do today too" she adds. 

"I know, don't you have to go and do something today?" I ask cari, looking up at her. she nods as her brown eyes meet mine, "I have to go and run through the setlist for the tour, but I'll be straight back with you after helping" she tells me, a little reassuring smile on her lips. I sit up, pulling myself out of cari's grip, I would stay there all day if I could but I know my mum and stepdad need me. I rub my face in my hands, still tired from the day before, all my body aching. 

I climb out of bed and look at the window trying to figure out what the weathers like, which seems like a typical humid sunny Florida day. I decide to wear some bike shorts and a hoodie, paired with my black converse that I don't care if they get dirty or not. cari's phone rings and she answers it straight away. "hello" she says. 

"yeah that's fine"

"okay ill be there in half an hour"

I brush my teeth in the bathroom and see her entering the room dressed in some black cargo pants and a white cropped t shirt. she stands next to me and grabs her tooth brush, "I have to leave in ten minutes" she tells me and I nod, rinsing my tooth brush off under the water and putting it down. "I'll get my stepdad to drop you off he will be here soon" I tell her. "thank you baby" she says and then begins to brush her teeth.

//

shortly after, my mom and stepdad arrive to pick us up. "can we drop cari off before we go home?" I ask and they both nod. we both get into the back of the car and cari gives them the address, checking her phone to make sure its right. "how long will you be on tour for cari?" my mom asks, looking through the front mirror so she can see her. "about a month I think, maybe a little longer" she tells her. 

I look out the window, admiring the sights of my new home when I feel a hand softly rubbing up and down my leg. I turn my head to look at her seeing a concerned look on her face. "you okay, you've been quiet?" cari whispers to me. I nod at her and give her a small smile, "I'm just tired" I say quietly back to her. "don't overwork yourself today okay?" she says to me and I nod. 

ten minutes later we pull up to her drop off point, she spots her tour manager waiting for her outside and smiles. "thank you for the ride" she says to my mom and stepdad and then turns to me and hugs me, kissing my cheek subtly before she holds me in her arms. "ill see you later yeah" she says. "text me when your done" I say and she nods, and then climbs out the car, smiling at me once more before she shuts the car door behind her. 

"okay lets get home and get to work" my mom says. 

///

its been about an hour into getting stuff sorted out at the house, I've been cleaning out the boys bedrooms whilst my mom works on the backyard. "need any help?"I hear from behind me. I turn around and see my ex lucy stood leaning on the door frame.  "yeah actually, can you figure out how to get this to work, its one of them thing that sucks the water out of the carpets" I say to her. she nods down and kneels down looking at it, grabbing the instruction manual and figuring out how to turn it on. 

"oh thank you" I say to her, trying to start using it but she stops me. "its okay I've got it" she tells me, whilst she begins to do the carpets. it's actually working really good. 

"so what's going on with you and that cari?" she asks me. I knew that question would come around eventually. "were kinda dating" I say to her. 

"kinda?" she asks with a little smile on her face. 

"yeah, well we are but I dunno its difficult, she's about to go on tour for a month so I won't see her at all, so I guess its complicated" I explain to lucy as she nods. "yeah its a difficult one, I see what you mean" she tells me. 

I sit down on one of my brothers beds after I have just put fresh sheets on and cleaned everything up, watching Lucy. "I miss you you know, I miss seeing your pretty face around here" she says to me. just as I'm about to speak I see cari walk in and by the look on her face I can tell she heard what Lucy just said. "oh hey your back" I say, smiling at her. "yeah I'm back and I have a little surprise" she says looking towards the door as she sits next to me on the bed. I look at her confused but gasp once I see alex and reggie walk through the door. she squeals excitedly and hugs me. "what are you guys doing here?" I ask giving reggie a hug too. 

"we came for cari's show tomorrow and decided to pay a visit here" she says to me. 

"there's food downstairs too in the kitchen, you need to eat" cari says, rubbing her hand on my back. 

we all go downstairs, lucy trailing behind us, her parents also stood in the kitchen. I grab some pancakes out of the bag and sit on the kitchen counter eating them, the first bit of food I've had all day. "this is nice, our plane food was horrible" alex says, sharing some with reggie. I finish up my food pretty quickly, I was hungrier than I thought I was I guess. cari comes and stands between my legs, snaking her arms around my waist and cuddling herself into my chest. I kiss the top of her head and play with her hair as she gently runs her fingers up and down my back. alex looks at us both and smiles as cari relaxes into me.

she pulls her head out of my chest and looks up at me, her arms still placed around my waist comfortably. I lean down and peck her lips gently making her smile, she then pulls me in for another once before cuddling into me once again. "is that you" she says, I turn my head to where she's looking seeing a baby photo on the wall. "yeah thats me" I say. she smiles. 

"okay guys your breaks over let's get back too it, there's not much more to do now" my stepdad says.