p2

findingxfletcher: tell me something cute

"do you want a hot chocolate or something?" cari asks as we stand in the line at a little drinks stall in the park. "yeah sure thank you" i tell her. she orders us both a drink and we step aside to let my mom and megan order whilst we wait for our drinks to be made.

"how are things with your mom?" cari asks, turning to me, gripping her warm drink between both of her cold hands to heat them up. "she hasn't really spoken to me since" i tell her, nuzzling my chin into my scarf. fletcher gives me a sympathetic look and stands a bit closer to me, moving out the way of the people behind her.

i take a sip of my drink almost scolding my tongue. "i understand how she must feel but at the end of the day she lied to you for years about who your real dad is. i know it was to keep you safe but if anything you should be annoyed at her" cari explains, making sure she can't hear us as she's literally just in front of us both.

i look at her to stay silent while they walk back over to us. "ok let's go and find everyone" mom says, avoiding eye contract with me completely.
i nod and follow behind them all, walking just fast enough to keep up.

the snow still falling from the sky as we make our way through a busy central park. cari glances back and notices me walking on my own, she slows down and takes hold of my right hand, intertwining it with hers. "want to drink some wine tonight, plan florida and make out a little" she whispers to me, leaning in close to my ear as we walk.

i glance at her, seeing a smirk on her face. i playfully roll my eyes at her, seeing dimples on her cheeks as she smiles at me. she lets go of my hand and worms her hand around my waist underneath my jacket.

we finally reach the others, greeted by a snowball thrown right at us both from alex. "your gonna regret that" cari says, running off hiding behind a tree and landing a snowball right on her best friends head. i watch them both in awe, until cari starts chasing me around with one.

"cari no" i say laughing as i run off from her.

she grabs hold of me from behind and pushes the snow onto my head, but unfortunately for her i have a hat on. i turn around in her arms, and without her expecting it shove some snow right in her face.

she looks at me in shock as i run off and hide behind alex and reggie. "you guys look like your having more fun than the kids" my mom says, stood beside my step father just watching us.

time skip

we all didn't last very long at central park, we ended up soaked and freezing after like half an hour. the boys were tired so we decided to go back to the apartment, obviously getting stuck in new york traffic on the way.

"okay so, let's sort these flights out" cari says getting her laptop out and sitting at the table. i sit beside her, my mom and stepdad opposite us.

"we would like to go back as soon as possible really" my mom tells me. fletcher nods and scrolls through looking at the options.
"we can fly out in two days time on thursday morning?" she says, turning her laptop around and showing them the flight details.

my mom nods and gives us the thumbs up, handing us everyone's passports for the details. cari sips her white wine before spending the next half an hour sorting it all out.

"do you want to get a hotel room with me?" she questions, leaning her head in her hand while looking at me. I nod at her with a smile, as she books a fancy room for the both of us.

shortly after, my family all went to reggie's apartment to stay for the next two days. i walk into my bedroom which i finally have back, getting done comfy sweatpants and a cropped knit sweatshirt. it's freezing in this apartment today.

"you okay" cari asks, inviting herself into my room and lying down on my bed, her wine still in her hand, the same old grin on her face, her hair still scraped up into a bun. i glance at her, whilst folding up my other clothes and putting them aside to be washed. "i'm good, are you" i ask, watching as she pours the rest of the liquid down her throat, heavily putting the glass down on the table beside her.

"i'm absolutely perfect" she says.

"has someone drank a bit too much wine?" i ask her and she slowly shrugs her shoulders. "maybe" she says, smirking.

"why are you stood there, come over here" she adds, patting the space beside her. i hesitate for a second but before i even have chance to move she pulls me down on top of her and wraps her arms around me tightly. i bury my head in her neck, feeling the warmth of her skin against my face. "why are you still so shy around me?" she giggles as i move, lying next to her on my side with my head propped up on my hand.
because cari your hot as fuck and i'm slightly intimidated

i ignore her question and peck her lips quickly, seeing an amused look on her face as i pull away.
"oh come on you can give me more than that" she says, bringing one of her hands up to my neck and pulling me in again.

her lips move with mine perfectly as she pushes me down onto my back and leans over me. my hands find her waist, giving it a small squeeze as she presses her body against mine, giving almost no space between us both. she pulls away momentarily, looking at me in a way that i don't think anyone's ever looked at me before.

"your so beautiful" she says. gently kissing my forehead, nose, both of my cheeks and then attaching her lips to mine again.