date part two

after the meal we decided to go on a walk and we came across some random carnival. cari raises her eyebrows and walks through the crowd of people, mixed with bright lights and the screams of people on the rides. cari looks over her shoulder at me, and reaches out her hand for me to take as it starts to get busier.

i hold onto her hand and walk close to her side so we don't loose each other. "wanna go on the ferris wheel?" she asks, pointing at it. i nod and she brings us in the queue to pay for the ride. "me and my brother used to come to carnivals all the time, we loved them" i tell her before she pays the man who lets us onto the ride.

i sit down on the squeaky metal and the guy pulls down the safety bar before we start going up. "i got stuck on a ferris wheel once, we were at the top for ages" cari says, holding onto my bag for me. she frowns her eyebrows as her phone starts ringing, alex's name coming up on the screen.

"hello" she says answering it.
"no why what's up?" she asks.
"yeah we're coming".

she ends the call and looks at me with concern. "what's wrong?" i ask her.

"so you remember zoe who moved into the apartment, nobody ever sees her right. well she just came in and started fully screaming saying she's hates us all and throwing stuff around the house, throwing plates at alex and meg and stuff. so they need us back urgently" she explains. i look around as we start to come back down in the ferris wheel again. i wave at the guy motioning that we need to get off.

he stops the ride and lets us off. "reggie has come to get us" cari says, leading me along with her too the car park. she opens the car door for me and waits till i'm inside to close it.
"what's going on?" i ask reggie.

"i have no idea, alex called me and all i could hear in the background was things smashing and yelling" he says. i sit in the middle seat and fasten my seatbelt so i can see the both of them better. he drives as fast as he can without speeding, going the quickest way possible.

as soon as we arrive we all rush into the building and cari unlocks the front door. we look inside and see broken glass everywhere, alex and megan hiding under the table. i pull cari out of the way quickly as a plate is thrown our way. "thanks" she says, as is misses her and hits the wall.

"woah woah ok stop throwing stuff zoe and tell us what's going on" i say, she turns to me with anger all over her face, gripping a glass in her hand tightly.

"this fucking bitch slept with my boyfriend and you all knew about it?" she yells loudly, pointing at megan. meg gets out from under the table looking confused. "did i, i didn't even know you had a boyfriend? none of us did. in fact we forgot you even lived here" meg says, standing beside me and holding onto my arm.

"the night you threw that party, you slept with that guy. he was my boyfriend" zoe explains, throwing the last glass onto the floor.
"well i had no idea, i think he's the one you should be angry at, not us" megan yells. zoe let's out an angry scream and storms down the hallway, slamming her bedroom door closed.

reggie helps alex out from under the table and we all stand there looking at each other in confusion to what just happened. "did anyone get hurt?" i ask, and they both shake their heads. but then i notice a cut on megan's cheek.

"oh meg your bleeding" i say to her, taking hold of her hand and pulling her to the bathroom to clean her up. i wipe it down with an antiseptic wipe and put a bandaid on it to stop the bleeding, meanwhile alex, reggie and cari all help to clean up the kitchen and living room. "how was your date?" the girl in front of me asks, sat on the sink looking at me.

"it was okay, pretty chilled to be honest" i tell her. she jumps down off the sink and thanks me and then leaves the bathroom. i exit into my bedroom and close the door so i can change into something comfier. i start to pull my shirt off but stop when there's a little knock on my bedroom door. "come in" i say, pulling out a t shirt and sweatpants from my closet. it's actually freezing at night at this time of year in new york.

the door opens and cari walks in, closing it behind her. "hey" she says, sitting down on my vanity chair and watching me pick out some clothes to sleep in. "hi" i reply, putting down the outfit on my bed. she stands up and walks over to me, stopping like 3 inches in front of me.

"can i have a hug" she asks and i nod, stepping into her open arms. she holds me tight and buries her head in my neck. "thank you for coming tonight, sorry it ended badly" she says, her breath brushing on my neck as she speaks.

"it's okay, i really enjoyed it" i tell her, pulling away and looking into her eyes. "good, i did too" she says.

"i'm just going to change my clothes" i say to her, noticing she's now in a t shirt and shorts. she nods and sits down on my bed while i go into the bathroom. i wash my face in the sink and brush my teeth and through my hair, before changing. i clean up all of my things and leave the outfit. cari is sat looking down at her feet, seeming a bit down about something.

i climb into my bed and rest my back against my headboard. "what's wrong?" i say. cari shakes her head and stands up. "nothing, i'll let you go to bed goodnight" she tells me.

"cari!" i say, she turns around to look at me holding onto the door handle about to open it. i pat the side of the bed beside me, smiling at her.
she walks over and climbs under the covers of my bed, scooting over so she's close to me. she lies down and pulls me into her body. i rest my head on her shoulder, one of my arms over her stomach as she holds me tightly.

she sighs and kisses the top of my head. "i really really really care about you" she says. i close my eyes relaxing into her warmth, her vanilla flowery scent filling my nose. "i care about you too" i whisper.