show time

findingxfletcher: show time baby

its around 45 minutes until cari starts her show, we have just arrived to the venue and are currently being escorted backstage by some security. he knocks on cari's dressing room door, "come in" someone shouts. he holds the door open for us and we walk inside. "there she is!" alex exclaims throwing her arms up in excitement. cari stands up and runs towards her giving her best friend a hug. "I brought the tequila" alex adds showing her the bottle.

"oh thank god" cari says, taking it from her and putting it on the table. her eyes meet mine and she smiles a little, "hey you" she says to me.

I smile, "hey".

she wraps her arms around my shoulders and pulls me in for a hug, my arms resting around her waist. "you look good" she tells me, her eyes scanning up and down my body as she pulls away from the hug. "thank you, you too" i add. alex appears beside us holding three shots in her hands, we both look at her and laugh taking one each off her.

"this ones for cari" alex says as we cheers our glasses together before downing the shot. I look around the dressing room, seeing all of cari's tour team scattered around. alex walks off going to talk to some of them as I'm left with cari once again. "hey" she says nudging me in the arm,

"I'm sorry I snapped earlier I get it, we have not properly spoken about things its all happened so quickly and then you got that message and now I'm off on tour for a month. I understand why you didn't say anything. if I'm being honest with you I wasn't even looking for anything, I was enjoying being single and living my life but then you unexpectedly showed up and kinda just changed everything. it took me by surprise. I'm in a different point of my career now and a different point in my life, and when I get back off tour I really do want to see where this goes with us. I wouldn't lead you on or anything like that, I wouldn't be doing this with you if I didn't want anything. I want to come back I want to take you on dates, take you too new jersey show you off to my family, I want to be here for you and I hope that you trust me. " cari explains, playing with the rings on her fingers, her nervous habit.

a smile grows on my lips hearing everything she's saying to me.

"I trust you" I say to her and she smiles.

"good" she tells me, taking one of my hands and playing with my fingers. we both stand their awkwardly looking at each other, both of us too nervous to say anything or make the next move. but eventually cari sits down on the sofa behind her and grabs hold of my waist, pulling me onto her lap. I sit sideways with my feet on the sofa, looking at her. she gently puts her fingers on my chin and pulls my face closer, kissing me softly. "I've been waiting all day to do that" she says, with a smile on her lips.

"ew get a room" alex jokes, noticing us. "I have got a room, everyone just needs to get out of it" cari says with a grin.

just as alex goes to respond, cari's tour manager comes in needing to get cari ready and get her ear monitors set up for when she goes on stage. cari stands up and he gives her the monitors which she puts in her ears and he attaches the box to the waist band of the back of her pants. "give me thumbs up when you can hear something" he says. she gives him the thumbs up and he smiles, passing her the microphone too.