the tour begins

it's the morning of tour and I am currently in the hotel room with cari getting ready, she has to head to the venue in about an hour to get everything ready for soundcheck and make sure everything is running smoothly. i am meeting Alex and reggie and we are going shopping for an outfit to wear to the show tonight. 

"can I ask you something?" cari says, sat on the edge of the bed watching me as I finish up my makeup in the mirror. I look at her and nod, putting all my things in my makeup bag and zipping it up. "what were you and alex speaking about in the kitchen last night" she asks me, that explains why she's been so quiet all morning. I sigh and grab my phone unlocking it and pulling up the message on my phone. I walk over to her and hand it to her, watching her furrow her eyebrows as she concentrates on reading the message.

"when did she send you this?" she asks, locking my phone and putting it on the bed beside her. "two days ago" I admit to her, she frowns at me.

"and you haven't said anything to me?" she says. 

I run my hand through my hair and shake my head. 

"why?" she questions, frustration all over her face. 

" I didn't know what to say cari, I saw the message and didn't know what to think about it. you didn't tell me that was the reason you broke up with her, you just told me you broke up and you were heartbroken" I say to her. she shakes her head and stands up, throwing everything in her suitcase and zipping it up. 

"shannon and I was a difficult situation, my music was pretty much starting out, I was with her when I released wasted youth. I wasn't being fair on her, I wanted to focus on my career and do something for myself and to do that I had to break up with her. yes I was heartbroken because its not like we ended on bad terms, I was still very much in love with her. we were broken up whilst I made my first album but I was still with her everyday, she filmed all my music videos for me." she explains. 

I watch as she continues to get all of her things together, throwing it all in bags and putting her phone in her pocket. 

"I didn't know any of that" I admit to her.

"if you would've told me about the message two days ago then you wouldve known, instead of keeping it from me and hiding behind my back" she snaps, running her hands through her hair.

I look at her, speechless of what to say. I didn't genuinely mean to make her mad but I didn't know how to react off that message. she looks at me and shakes her head, grabbing all of her things. "I've gotta go I'll see you later" she says, walking out of the hotel room not bothering to come and say bye properly.

//

"she's angry with me" I explain to alex as we walk around the mall looking for a shop where she can get an outfit. "don't worry about it she will get over it" she tells me and I nod as we enter one of the shops. we walk around for a bit scanning the shelves until she spots a dress that she likes. she looks as me and holds it up to her body. 

"I love it" I say to her. 

"me too" she says. 

reggie grabs it from her and takes it to the tills to pay as we stand waiting for him. alex goes in her purse and pulls out our backstage pass for later showing them to me. she hands me mine to keep for later. 

"excuse me" we hear from behind us, we turn around and see two young girls stood in front of us. "your alex right, fletchers best friend?" they ask. alex smiles at them and nods, "yeah thats me, are you coming to the show tonight?" she asks and they both nod excitedly. alex pulls out her phone and motions them to wait a minute whilst she facetimes cari.

after a few rings she picks up, her face appearing on screen. "hey whats up?" she says, I glance over seeing her sat on the stage a little bit breathless, a microphone in her hand. "I'm in the mall and I've just bumped into two fans who are coming to your show tonight" Alex says turning the phone around so that she can see them.

"hi babies!" cari says excitedly. 

"hi" they both say shyly, both of them looking shocked. 

"are you both excited for the show?" she asks them and they nod. I hear cari's little giggle come from the phone. "okay good, well I have got to go because I'm doing soundcheck and my tour manager might shout at me. but I love you both and I will try and give you both a wave later if I see you" cari adds. 

"bye cari" one of the girls says. 

the call ends and they both jump up and down in excitement that they have just spoken to her. reggie comes back and looks at the girls, giving them both a smile. 

"anyway girls enjoy your day and I hope you both enjoy the show later" alex says, we give them both a little wave and start to walk away exiting the mall. bring on tonight.