Chapter 18

Grace Adams

I opened my eyes and found my head paining so bad. I groaned and fully opened my eyes with little difficulty. I saw a plane white ceiling above me and I got confused as where I was.

I heard an irritating pinging noise, so I turned my head a little to see that it belonged to a monitor and a tube was attached to me. I was worried about what was happening.

Last thing I remembered was that I was on my way to school when a car jerked me.

Instantly my other hand went to my forehead which was paining and I felt a bandage or something in my forehead. Even my right ankle was hurting but nothing compared to my forehead.

"Hello" I heard a voice that pulled me out of my trance. I looked at the person who I suppose was a doctor as he was wearing a white coat and a stethoscope around his neck.

"Where am I? And how did I come here?" I asked worriedly.

"Calm down miss. You are in hospital and you were brought here by your family who is waiting outside. You had gone through a small accident that's why your forehead and ankle were injured but you have been treated now and soon your injuries will be healed" He said with a small smile.

My family?

"Um.. My family?" I asked confused.

"Yes, your family" Doctor said giving me a smile.

"Which hospital is this?" I asked again.

"Lifeline hospital" He said and I widened my eyes in shock.

The fuck.

I'm in the biggest and the most expensive hospital of new york. How I'm going to pay for my bills. Even if I work thrice for years still I won't be able to pay my bills completely.

Who the fuck brought me in such an expensive hospital. Damn.

Already I was stressed and now this another problem.

"Is everything ok? You're looking upset" Doctor asked me and I gave him a nervous smile.

"No.. Nothing. When can I leave?" I asked not wanting to stay here for a minute.

Staying any more longer in this hospital means addition of more money in one's bills.

"You can get discharged after few tests" He smiled at me and I almost gulped.

No fucking way. I can't afford that.

"No please, I'm completely fine. Don't do any tests and just give me the discharge paper" I said trying to convince him.

"Sorry miss but they are compulsory. Anyways, I'm leaving now and sending your family inside, they were quite desperate to meet you" He said and left.

Damn! Who is he calling my family?

I was busy in my thoughts when someone barged inside the room. I looked ahead to see Mrs Parkar (Celia's mother in law) and other Parker's rushing towards me.

"Oh my god, are you ok honey? I was so scared" Mrs Parker said hugging me.

What's happening?

After breaking the hug she looked at me and smiled through her tears.

She looked scared for some reason.

She than kissed my forehead and caressed the part where bandage was tied.

"Are you ok baby?" She asked and I nodded.

"Ev, are you ok?" Liam asked and I looked at him confused.

Why they all keep calling me Ev? I'm Grace, Grace Adams.

"Ev? I'm Grace" I said giving him a confused look to which he looked sad for some reason.

"Um.. Yeah.. Sorry. Grace" He faked his smile.

Before I could say something Celia came in between.

"Grace, you okay?" She asked and I smiled at her to which she smiled at me, too.

Celia was about to leave but I caught her wrist, stopping her from going away from me.

No offense to others but Celia is the only person whom I can trust as of now as we have been friends from almost a week or so. Others are almost strangers to me as I have met them just once that too for the short period of time.

Soon Mrs Parker left me with a broken face. For a moment I felt bad for her but come on I don't know her properly, how can I allow her to stay with me.

I was looking at her when suddenly I remembered the doctor's word that my family was waiting for me. Was he calling Parker's my family? Did they brought me here?

"Um.. Did you guys brought me here, in this hospital?" I asked looking at them.

"Um.. Yeah Grace. You had an accident so we brought you here" Aaron said giving me a nervous smile.

"But how did you know that I met with an accident?" I asked to which he gulped looking away.

"Uh.. Actually Grace, uhm.. We were on our way to Liam's office when I saw you from my car. But before I could have stopped you I saw a car hitting you so we took you in this hospital" Celia said giving me a nervous smile.

"Oh.. Thanks" I said giving her a small smile.

Although I'm grateful that Celia saved me but also I'm little angry that she took me in such expensive hospital. She could have simply brought me to some cheap hospital. Now I have to pay handsome amount of money which I have saved for my further studies. I sighed sadly. Already my expensis were getting doubled and now this.

"Grace, are you ok? You're looking tensed?" Celia asked coming near me.

I looked around to see if anyone was watching us but thankfully no one was concentrating on us.

"Celia, why did you brought me in this expensive hospital. I can't afford the bills here" I whispered to which Celia eyes widened in shock but in a nano second her eyes turned sad.

She was continuesly opening and closing her mouth. She was clearly struggling with her words.

"Grace.. Yo.. You.." Celia looked speechless for a moment but then, "Grace you don't have to be worried about the money, honey. You don't have to pay a penny. It's all on us, hmm" She whispered softly but I shook my head in no.

"No please Celia. You already helped me by saving my life. You don't have to spend your hard earned money on me. I will pay, it just this hospital is way too expensive for me. But can you just get me discharged from here without any further tests?" I asked to which she looked sad.

"I think we should leave now. Doctor said we all can't stay here for long. Only two person can stay here with Grace along with a nurse" My dean said thus they all nodded.

"Me and Adrian will stay here with Grace" Mrs Parker said and I immediately gripped Celia's hand tightly.

Mr parkar saw this and sighed looking at his wife.

"Sofia, I think Celia and Liam should stay here with Grace" Mr parkar said giving me a small sad smile.

"But Adrian.."

"Sofia please" Mrs Parker was cut off by Mr parkar.

She then looked at me and than at my hand which held Celia's hand tightly and nodded.

Soon everyone left not before wishing me 'Get well soon'. As they went away, I finally let go of Celia's hand and sighed in relief.

Celia sat beside me whereas Liam was standing in a corner looking outside the window.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

I hope you guys liked the chapter. Please don't forget to vote and comment. And also share this story with your friends and family.

Thank you ٩ʕ◕౪◕ʔو