Chapter 41

Grace/Evelyn's pov

- At School -

"Hi Evelyn" I groaned in annoyance when I heard Connor's voice but still managed to give him a fake smile.

"Hey Connar. How are you?" I asked taking a step back from him as he came a little too close to my liking.

"I'm not good, know why?" He asked in a serious voice to which I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Because you are ignoring me" He replied to which I internally rolled my eyes.

"But seriously Evelyn, you have blocked my number and not picking up your phone when I am messaging you from other numbers, why?" Connar asked raising his eyebrows at me and again came close to me.

"You want to know why?" I asked him to which he nodded.

"Because of this" I said pointing a finger in between him and me.

"You are invading my personal space and not giving me a space. That's not how friendship works" I said to which he frowned.

"What are you talking about, Evelyn? I'm not invading your personal space and about the friendship thing then no Evelyn I don't want to be just your friend. I want more than friendship" Connar said and tried to hold my hand but I again took a step back.

"Believe me you are invading my personal space and about being more than my friend then no. My answer is no" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"But why?" He frowned.

"Because I'm not interested" I said in a 'duh' tone to which he looked at me in disbelief.

"What kind of reason is this? Everyone is interested in me. I'm the most popular guy in this school" Connar replied in such a tone as if I have physically hurt him somewhere.

"You might be the most popular guy of this school but I'm still not interested" I said looking at my wrist watch.

"Why?" He asked raising his hands in the air as if he was frustrated with my answer.

"Connar I have already given you the answer so now stop making it a big issue and move away from my way" I said as I saw few students giving us a curious stare.

Of course.

"You're not serious about you not being interested in me or are you?" He asked curiously to which I twisted my lips in anger.

"I'm dead serious about that. Now would you mind giving me a little space or you want me to complain about you to my uncle who is the owner of this school?" I asked battling my eyes innocently to which he sighed in annoyance.

"Fine. But if you change your opinion about me you can call me anytime then" He said showing me his phone to which I nodded.

"Sure" I replied back to which he nodded and left the place.

What a character he is. I rolled my eyes at that and went towards my class.

- After school -

Liam once again came to pick me up after school.

"Hey" Liam said waving his hand to which I smiled at him.

"You don't have to come to get me everyday, you know that, right?" I asked him to which he nodded.

"Yes I know but I want to. Is that a problem?" He asked politely to which I shrugged my shoulders.

"Anyways, how was your day?" He asked once we started walking outside the school.

"Good" I said with a smile to which he narrowed his gaze at me.