Chapter 44

Sofia's pov

- Three hours later -

Hours has passed and I'm still feeling restless. It's getting hard for me to believe that yesterday night that Victoria was here. The Victoria who kidnapped and tortured my daughter was here, that too without any fear.

She's indeed fearless. And this quality of her is scaring me. I know, I know that she won't stay silent for more time. She might have spared Ev last night, but she won't do that again. She will definitely try to hurt my daughter but before she could do that, we have to catch her and the only way to get Victoria is to catch that betrayer who helped her both the times by backstabbing us.

*Sighs*

The minute today Adrian cleared the fact that Victoria knew about the directions of our house and just acted clueless, the only person who came in my mind was, *sighs* Leonardo, my brother. My own brother.

I would have never thought of him as a betrayer but his recent actions has made me think of him as a betrayer.

After his arrival, I tried my best to ignore his weird behaviour towards Ev, I really tried that. But after some time it became so obvious that I couldn't ignored that. His way of talking to Ev was quite shady.

Everytime he saw Ev, his eyes used to turned cold and distant. It was like, he dislikes Ev or something.

At first I thought that I must be overthinking or something but no, I wasn't. The day Leo slapped Ev for that mere showpiece, I realised that Leo truly dislikes Evelyn for some unknown reason.

*Sighs*

I have always loved Nancy as my own and I always thought that Leo would do the same with my Evelyn but he doesn't.

I don't know why he dislikes Ev so much but I know one thing, that is, if he is actually involved with Victoria and helping her to get through my daughter, then I won't forgive him.

Don't get me wrong, I love my brother, I really do. I can even give up on my life for him but I won't tolerate his betrayal.

No matter how much it would hurt me or no matter how much that will break our relationship but I won't back out from my decision.

Because of Victoria and that betrayer, we have suffered a lot, especially Evelyn.

My Evelyn was supposed to enjoy her life to the fullest but because of them, she couldn't. All her life, she got bullied and worked hard to earn money to feed herself. She was supposed to be spoilt by us but she isn't. She knows the value of money and food. She never wastes anything because my daughter has started to earn from a very young age and knows that how disrespectful it is to waste anything.

Although this is a good habit but it somehow angers me because my daughter has became so mature in this young age that she never enjoys her life.

Most of the time she studies unlike other girls of her age who are always ready for shopping and party or bunk classes. Ev never does that.

Ev is a good girl and I'm happy about that but I want my daughter to enjoy her life, live a bit. But she never does that.

And the reason is, her painful past. And the credit goes to Victoria and that betrayer.

No matter who that betrayer is, Leo or someone else, this time no one would be spared. This time I'll teach them a lesson, a lesson for never backstabbing us.

"Here's the tray, ma'am" My chain of thoughts got broken by a buttler's voice.

Taking the tray full of fruits and orange juice from him I nodded at him and walked towards Ev's room where she is attending her lectures, online.