Chapter 29

Grace/Evelyn's pov

Anger. That's the only emotion I'm feeling right now. I'm so fucking angry at everyone. But more than others, I'm angry at myself because it was my decision to leave Srilanka for this shitty place where I can't take my own decisions now.

All those peoples who were strangers to me few days back are now claiming to be my family and are taking decisions on my behalf.

I'm an idiot who decided to came here. I should have stayed in Srilanka only. My greed for better opportunities stole my freedom.

Sigh.

Currently I'm in school canteen, having lunch with my friends. They all are happily chatting with each other, enjoying each others company while I'm sitting quietly. Why? Because I'm being watched by those stupid bodyguards. The only good thing is that now they are not wearing their typical black outfit.

From the corner of my eyes I saw them looking at my way every now and then. I glared them angrily and started munching my lunch.

I quickly finished my lunch and rushed away, ignoring my friends shouts.

I made my way inside the library and settled myself in the corner bench and decided to complete my assignments. When I was writing my notes, I felt someone's presence beside me.

I turned to my right side and let out a surprise gasp when I realised it's Connar Smith, the guy with whom I danced in Mr Parkar's birthday party.

"You here?" I asked shockingly.

"I was supposed to ask you this, you here?" He asked back to which I giggled but stopped instantly when I realised that librarian might scold me.

"Well, I study here" I said to which he frowned.

"Really? I have been studying in this school for years but I never saw you before" He said to which I smiled at him.

"I'm a new student" I said to which he nodded.

"Oh" He said.

"Yeah oh" I said to which he smiled at me.

"I hope you still remember my name" He asked raising his brows at me.

"Yeah yeah" I said with a small smile.

"Your smile is beautiful, Grace" He said softly causing me to blush.

"T-thank you" I said slowly.

"And you're cute too" He said laughing to which I blushed more.

"Tell me something about yourself, Grace" Connar said suddenly.

"About me? There is nothing interesting about me" I said nervously. "You tell me something about yourself" I said to which he nodded.

"Well, I'm Connar Smith" He said to which I rolled my eyes at him. He let out a laugh.

"Well, I'm eighteen and the capital of this school's football team" He said to which I nodded.

"Also I'm quite popular around girls" He said leaning closer to which I glared him.

He raised his hands in surrender and went back to his previous position.

"Now you tell me, why were you in Parkar's mansion that day? You were invited by them?" He asked to which I smiled nervously at him.

"N-no.. I mean yes. Uh.. My father works for Parkars that's why they invited us" I said to which he nodded.

Phew.

"What's your father's name?" He asked to which I gave him a weird look.

"Why are you asking all these stuffs?" I asked sternly to which he laughed.