Chapter 42

Victoria's pov

Fifteen years. It has been fifteen long years since I was away from New York but now I'm finally back.

Victoria Quin is back.

Last time when I was here, leaving NewYork forever with Evelyn, I never thought that I'll have to return back to this place again. But here I'm back again, for a mission to complete.

Gasps.

I shivered when the cold wind touched my face, making me feel homely after so long. This is what I was missing all these years when I was living far away from NewYork.

Sighs.

Currently I'm in a cab and heading to the apartment which Leonardo has booked for me at my REQUEST. Yeah request.

At first he was denying to book an apartment for me. I had to persist him a little too much, then he did the job. Not just that but he was behaving as if he is some sort of God who is doing me a favour without any selfish reasons but the truth here is I'm doing the favour for him.

If I want I can easily leak that video where he confessed his crimes. It's because of me that he is still living freely or else he would have been in prison long back.

That fucker thinks that he is superior then me but he doesn't know that my one wrong move will cost him his freedom.

Fucker. I cursed him and looked outside the window only to groan in pain and anger. I fisted my palms in anger when I saw my old apartment on the way to my new apartment passing by where I used to live happily before all these mess happened.

How I wish I could have changed my past! But alas!

Whoever knows me, must be wondering that why I'm still stuck at past. I got my fair shares of revenge from Parkar's by kidnapping and harassing their daughter. They'll think that I should stop now and let that revenge thing go easily but no, I can't. Because of Adrian I have sacrificed a lot of people and my freedom as well.

It has been years since Evelyn kidnapping but even after so long, I still can't roam around everywhere with my wish. Even after having such a beautiful face, I have to cover my face with mask whatever I go so that no one recognizes me. I have sacrificed my freedom because of Adrian, how can I let him go easily.

And not just my freedom but I lost so many people because of him and all of them were my closest one. Be it my father, mother or him.

I had to plan my own father's murder because of Adrian. My mother was sick but because of Adrian I never took proper care of her which eventually led her to death. And then, there was him. I had to kill him with my own hands. Sure, he had nothing to do with Adrian but he learned my truth which he was not supposed to learn.

I still remember that day when I stabbed knife in his chest. His face held the emotions of shock, pain, disbelief and betrayal. He was dying in front of my eyes, begging me to save him but I didn't. Instead I kept stabbing him until he died.

I remember the look he gave me before closing his eyes forever. That look still haunts me. That look still manage to put me in guilt trip. That look still mocks me for snatching his life from him when all he did in return was to love and protect me. It has been eighteen years since he left this world but the guilt of his murder has not lessened till this date.

Not just I only murdered him but I made my Sandro an orphan. I still remember how he was crying hard when he saw his father's dead body in front of his eyes. My little Sandro was shaking with pain and grief and me being a selfish bitch was thanking God for saving me.