Alastor

Eye twitching, I glare after Angel's stumbling form as he drunkly smacks into the walls and turn to walk into the lobby. Stupid spider. What is he hoping to accomplish?

"Angel, I will kill-" I cut off mid yell when I hear a loud crash.

Spinning, I see him passed out at the bottom of the stairs. A silly grin on his face.

"Stupid... falling down the stairs..." I grumble to myself and bend to gather him into my arms. Risking a frantic look over my shoulder to make sure no one is around. My five foot rule is there for a reason, and I can't have anyone see me not enforce it. I refuse to tarnish my reputation.

As soon as I pick him up, his arms curl around my neck.

"Yer so hazoomm." He slurs with a hiccup.

"Okay." I mutter.

I'm able to walk up the stairs without much hassle since Angel doesn't weigh that much.

He should be eating more.

The worried thought crosses my mind and I growl in annoyance. The last thing I want, is to worry about the Hotel's drug addict.

He's just a lost cause, like everyone else in this hotel.

My heart squeezes at the crude thought. It's true. But for Angeldust? It feels wrong to think such things.

What is it about him that makes me feel... strange?

I stare down at his relaxed face. Peaceful and void of the troubles that plauge his afterlife.

When I first met him - months ago - I wrote him off as a pesky annoyance. An unkillable roach.

Now?

Now when I see a genuine smile light up his features and hear his carefree laugh. I feel odd. Like I've swallowed hundreds of butterflies. Butterflies that I desperately need to kill.

I can't feel anything for anyone. I'm unlovable and I like it. I'm going to make sure it stays that way.

Throwing open the door to Angel's room, I'm met with a loud oinking sound. The pig he's so fond off runs up to me with its stubby legs.

Now, what does he call it again?

Fat something....

Eh, I don't care.

Shrugging, I walk over to the bed.
I want to toss him on the covers and leave, but instead, I find myself pulling back the covers and tucking him in.

By the hounds of Hell, why do I care about him?

The feelings in itself is a major nuisance.

The pig jumps up onto the bed and curls by Angel's arm. He smiles in his slumber and sighs happily.

I don't care about him.

I DON'T!

Glancing around the room to make sure I'm alone, I lean in and press a soft kiss to his forehead.

"Sweet dreams, Angel." I whisper and quickly leave the room, shutting the door with a click.

Entering the lobby, I notice two others sitting on the ground, notebooks and markers spread out everywhere.

Charlie and Vaggie.

Brilliant. Just what I need.

So much for finishing my book in peace.

"Al! Come here. We need your opinion on something." Charlie calls out, waving me over.

Muttering under my breath, static fills the air, tuning into my irritation.

"Hello, my dear!" I exclaim as I approach them, hoping my irritation won't show. It's not their fault I'm feeling off. No. The reason for that is sleeping soundly upstairs.

I kissed that reason. Twice.

"...for the Hotel." The ending of the princess's sentence snaps me back to reality.

"Can you repeat that my dear? I didn't catch that." I reply with a bored nonchalant tone.

"God, you are such an asshole." Vaggie growls and my smile widens. It's fun to mess with this one.

Very entertaining.

"I said that I signed us up to take part in the Holy Parade. You know, the parade that takes place every year, a week before extermination in hopes to appease the angels of Death, for them to spare us. We are going to be making a float and use it to promote! It's a great way to get word out there about the hotel and hopefully get more demons interested." Charlie explains.

How many times did I have to tell this empty headed girl that redemption is both hopeless and wacky nonsense.

Oh well, more entertainment for me.

The float idea will most likely crash and burn, and when it does? I will be front and center, reveling in the delicious smoldering aftermath of failure.

"Vaggie and I are coming up with float ideas and you and Angel can work on signs and crafts!" Charlie exclaims excitedly.

"Excuse me?" Blurry clicking static surrounds me and my vision swims in red.

Work on a bizzare idea with the very person I'm trying to avoid?

Absolutely not!

Shaking my head to clear the overwhelming thirst for bloodlust and destruction clouding my mind, I give her an apologetic look.

"Forgive me my dear, but I don't think that's a good idea." I reply.

"Told you he wouldn't do it." Vaggie seethes, pinning me with a glare.

"But, we need your help." Charlie says.

Turning, I wave my hand. "I'm afraid I shall not be part of the festivities, my dear."

"Stop!" Charlie yells and I freeze in my tracks.

That tone. She's using her higher power tone. Dark, seductive, and deep.

"As princess of hell, I command you to help with this float and work with Angel." She demands.

A demand I'm unable to refuse.

After all, she is the Princess.

And I don't want Lucifer meddling in my affairs with the lower demons, I think sourly.

"Fine." I sigh.

"I'm sorry I had to do that Al, but we need all the help we can get to make this hotel a success." Charlie says sheepishly.

Success?

Doubtful.

"Just wait until we tell Angel. He'll be ecstatic!" Charlie gushes.

Shoulders slumping, I pinch the bridge of my nose.

This must be the universe punishing me for my wrongdoings. But, if I'm to spend time with Angel in order to scratch a dent in my never ending sins, then so be it.

Hopefully, I can withstand his constant flirting.

If these feelings grow, I fear I may snap and give in to doing something truly horrific.