Angeldust

Where the Lucifer is Alastor?

He's not upstairs or anywhere else in the hotel. Where could he be? I wanted to apologize for snapping at him. It's not his fault for finding sex repulsive. In a way, I understand. Charlie and Vaggie sit on the couch in the parlor, talking among themselves as I ponder. Did he leave to do a podcast?

No. He doesn't go live on Saturday's.

Did Valentino mark you so viciously? Be certain with your answer.

Al's voice echoes in my head like a replay of an old movie.

Shit!

Spinning on my heel, I dart out the front door, ignoring Charlie calling my name. Racing down the sidewalk, I struggle not to panic.

Tell me he didn't do something as stupid as going after my boss! I think desperately.

Both overlords are powerful, but that's not what I worry about. I know Val. He doesn't play fair and will use any means nessesary to ensure victory. Even dirty underhanded methods.

The glowing lights of the strip club show in the distance and I press a hand to my aching side as I wheeze and push forward.

Finally arriving at the club, I make my way through the line of people and ignore the grabby hands that pinch my ass. Before I reach the front entrance, I hear a commotion coming from the alley behind the club.

Eyebrows scrunching in confusion, I hurry over to the alley and freeze dead in my tracks. Alastor is on the ground, glaring up at Valentino towering over him. Dreg - one of Val's bodyguards - lays a few feet away and missing a head. Dark blood pools around the corpse.

"Had enough Radio Demon?" Val cackles.

Leaning over, Alastor spits blood onto the ground, his manic smile widening. "You got in a few lucky hits. I must admit, I am impressed. But I'm afraid your demise is still inevitable, deary."

Alastor's sudden laugh echoes loudly in the alley.

"You are beaten and at my feet, at my mercy. And you have the gall to laugh in my face?" Valentino quips, eyes narrowing.

"You seem to forget, I'm not alone," Shadows slither forward, appearing out of nowhere and curl their bodies around Valentino. Trapping his flailing limbs. "I'm never alone."

"Let me go!" Valentino shrieks as he is lifted into the air.

Alastor's eyes transform into dials and he curls his fingers into a fist. Every movement of his hand has Val shaken violently. If I wasn't terrified, I'd giggle at the hand motion.

With a flick of his wrist, Al slams Valentino hard into a wall and he crumbles to the ground, heart glasses askew.

Having used the last of his strength, Alastor slumps to the ground.

"Al!" I yell, taking off down the muddy alley, my steps squelching. I drop to my knees and grab his shoulder, turning his face toward me.

I wince as I observe his injuries.

Several cuts on his cheeks. One eye swollen and starting to bruise. Because he is wearing a suit, I don't know if he sustained any more injuries or if they are fatal.

"Angel?" His voice sounds like choppy static. Weak and vulnerable.

Alastor's eyes flutter, fighting to stay open.

"Yeah, I'm here." I reply, gently brushing away messy strands of hair from his face.

"Oh, goodie." His sarcastic response is cut off by a violent cough.

Rolling my eyes, I take his arm and put it around my shoulders. "Alright jackass, let's get ya back ta the hotel."

Al chuckles and grimances, hand going to his stomach.

So he does have more injuries.

"Are you able ta summon up a portal? It will us there faster and ya need ta rest." I ask and he shakily holds up his microphone. With soft foreign words, a portal appears. The hotel's lights glow on the other side.

Alastor slumps against me and I stumble from his sudden weight.

Staring down at his unconscious face, I marvel at how normal he looks without his smile.

Peeking at Val's crumpled form over my shoulder, I bite my lip worriedly.

I am so dead.

Returning my gaze to Alastor, a smile lifts the corner of my mouth. It's worth it. I'm not sure why he chose to pick a fight with Val and I don't care. I'm just glad he's alive.

Bending, I press a kiss to his forehead as I step through the portal.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Author's Note:

Sorry guys, I know it's short. I've had a lot happen in the last few days.