Alastor

~ WARNING: This chapter
has fluff and angst! ~

Hey guys, I know it's short but this chapter is a build up to something big and the end scene is a request from Jessi! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~

"How is everyone doin' tonight?" Angel calls out and is met with thundering applause and catcalls of demons in booths and tables. "So, there's this... guy. And I told him of my feelings before, but then lied afterward. Tellin' him that it was abuse and shit like that. It was a total bullshit lie. That man is with me tonight. My sista' Molls told me ta be spontaneous and jus' say that I love him, but I ain't good with words. The only way I know how ta express myself, is through singing. So, Alastor... this one's fer ya."

As he speaks, my rage and jealousy grows until I jerk with shock at hearing my name.

Ah, so it isn't another he is talking about.

The thought is oddly comforting.

I watch Angel lean over, whispering something to the band on stage. Suddenly, the calm strumming sounds of a guitar echo throughout the quiet club and Angel softly starts to sing:

🎼 Close yer eyes, give
me yer hand darlin'.
Can ya feel my heart beatin'?
Do ya understand?
Do ya feel da same?
Am I only dreamin'? 🎼

Heart skipping a beat, my gaze locks with his as he sings the sweet unfamiliar song.

🎼 Is this burnin' an eternal flame?
I believe, it's meant ta be, darlin'.
I want ya when yer sleepin'.
Ya belong with me.
Do ya feel da same? 🎼

My eyes are glued to Angel. To the spider that has impossibly made my heart move. Flutter inside my chest like a creature trying to claw its way out. Everything in the background melts away into silence. It's just us. Nothing else matters.

🎼 Am I only dreamin'?
Is this burnin' an eternal flame?
Say my name!
Come and ease da pain.
Oh, Ooooh! 🎼

I can't stop my feet from moving on their own, towards the stage. Towards the first and last demon I'll ever care for. Towards... a possible future.

Climbing the stairs leading up to the stage, Angel stops singing and looks up at me as I pause, taking in the ravishing shine of the red dress, paired with the curls framing his face, before closing the distance between us.

"Alastor, I- mrph!" I cut Angel off by grabbing his shoulders, and yanking him down to firmly press my lips to his, swallowing his sweet words.

I don't care about the pain he put me through or the fights we had. I don't care about my reputation or status. I don't care about the hundreds of demons gasping and gawking at our joined lips. None of it matters. None.

All that remotely matters, is that Angel loves me. That Anthony loves me. He reciprocated my feelings this entire time. The remnant's of my heart can finally heal with him by my side.

"I love you, Anthony." I mumble against his lips.

"I love ya too, Albert." Angel whispers in my ear when we pull away to catch our breath, and I smile. Close lipped and genuine in front of everyone. The barrier of fearful mystery keeping me safe, crumbling to dust.

A slip up on my part, but I'll allow it to slide this once.

After this, it will never be seen in public again. Only in private with Mon Ange. Always with him.

Heart swelling for the man I love and adore, I slip a hand into my breast pocket, feeling the cool smooth metal of the engagement ring I've been carrying around with me for decades in Hell. I want to be with him forever.

Our eternity starts now, my love.

Before I can pull out the ring and drop to one knee, I feel a sharp sting in my neck. Hand going from my pocket, to clasping my neck, I pull the foreign object that protrudes from my neck, a thin black trail of blood follows as I closely inspect the long, thin, tube.

A dart.

Someone shot me in the neck with a dart.

When I get my hands on whomever did this!

The vengeful thought starts to sound sluggish in my head as the sudden weight of some unseen force has me dropping to my knees, dart clattering to the ground.

"Alastor!" Angel falls to his knees next to me, pulling my head into his lap as I collapse. Black creeps along the edge of my vision and it takes every bit of strength I possess to focus on Anthony's worried face.

"Aanny hsppczf..." The words that tumble from my mouth are slurred and make no sense.

"No! Back da hell off! Get off me!" Angel shouts and someone yanks him back.

My head slams against the cold stage and I turn my head to see two demons dragging a kicking Angel away. The club is deadly quiet and no one tries to help Angel. Molly isn't in the crowd either.

I can't move a muscle. It's even a chore to speak, but I push through to mutter two words.

"Help... him."

"ALASTOR!" I hear Angel's frightened scream before passing out.