Alastor

For once, I'm comfortable.

I'm warm. Placid. Content.

Jaw cracking with a large yawn, I keep my eyes closed. I want to preserve this moment of peace. This foreign feeling that hasn't been felt since when I was alive. True absolute peace.

"Mornin' Smiles." Ears perking at the soft throaty murmur, my lips curve into a beaming grin.

Ah, that's why I feel so at peace right now.

Because I'm with Mon Ange. As I become more aware, I notice little things that has my grin streching even wider.

I'm laying on Angel, head cushioned on chest fluff and his arms draped over me. Where as I may have felt uncomfortable and a tad disgusted before when I only knew him as Angeldust and laying on him, I now feel happy that it's my Anthony.

There are traces of self disgust buried deep inside me at being such a submissive lovesick fool to a lesser spider demon, but my love for the man I met when we were alive, outweighs the self hatred. Truly giving in to Anthony, overwhelms me with giddy peace I never thought I'd have again.

Anthony brings out the best in me and I bring out the worst in him. We balance each other out, our relationship occasionally tipping the scales too far.

"Good morning, darling. How did you sleep?" I ask, begrudgingly pulling away to sit up.

"I slept okay. I'm surprised ya let me sleep in yer room last night." Angel chuckles, reaching up to rub sleep from his eyes.

"If it were anyone else, my dear, there wouldn't be a chance in their afterlife to ever rest in my bed."

"Oh, I don't know, why not give that lil' blonde girl - Mimzy - a call? I'm sure she'd love ta share yer bed." I wince at Angel's sarcastic tone and roll my eyes.

"Jealousy isn't an attractive look on you dear."

Grumbling, he crosses his arms. Eyes narrowing to pink slits.

Scooting closer, I pinch his chin with my thumb and forefinger to redirect his gaze on me. "Mimzy is but a friend. A colleuge to chat with when I'm out on the town or enjoying fine Jazz entertainment. That is all."

"Whateva'. At least we left her a lil' present before leavin', ta remember us by." Angel scoffs, flicking messy curls out of his eyes with a triumphant smirk.

I want to feel guilty for painting Mimzy's club with oozing black blood, coating the walls with delicious chunks of guts and flesh from those who dared cross Beau and I. But I don't.

If given the chance, I'd do it all again just to see that heart stopping smile light up Anthony's face as he immersed himself in the guilty pleasures of bloodlust.

Mimzy knows the risk whenever I step into any building. The risk of a possible gruesome outcome where most in the vicinity, will end up dead. If she is still upset about her club next time I visit, I will aid in paying any damage we caused. It's only fair for a dear friend.

"That we did." I murmur, leaning in to press a soft kiss to his cheek. "I think it wise to stay in bed while I cook breakfast."

"I'm not broken, Al. Jus' a bit banged up." Angel argues and I shoot him a warning glare.

"You were shot in the shoulder and the process of healing without my aid, can take days. Besides, now that we know that hair-brained oaf of an Overlord is after you, you're not safe on your own out there. Best to stay in for a couple days to rest and heal."

"Yer not gonna change yer mind, are ya?" I shake my head and he heaves a long sigh. "Fine. If I'm ta stay cooped up in this house, can I invite Molly ova'?"