Angeldust

A dull buzzing.

That is the only way to describe the way my body feels right now. The skin under my fluff hums and something inside me feels whole but... not.

I lick my lips and groan. My mouth feels unbelievably dry and everywhere aches with intense soreness. Not the good kind either.

As if a switch went off in my brain, a flood of memories cause me to gasp. My entire body encased in a green glow. Excruciating pain that felt like my insides being torn apart. And laughter. Horrible, maniacal, and evil laughter. Alastor.

He owns me.

Sitting up, I cautiously stretch my arms out in front of me. I don't feel any different. Just achy and buzzing. Once he knows I'm awake, he most likely will jump into it. Tossing tasks at me to do. Unpleasant and probably gorey ones. Gorey isn't much of an issue, it's the curiosity at not knowing what it is leading up to the task that's going to get me.

Will he make me shine his shoes? Ask for me to do something embarrassing perhaps to get back at me for the tasks I made him do?

Whateva'. As long as I don't work fer that abusive dickbag anymore, I'm happy.

I'm finally free!

I throw back the comforters and jump out of bed with a loud whoop of excitement. I did it. I'm free. My soul may belong to a sycophatic, murderous cannibal now, but that doesn't matter.

I'm fuckin' free!

I snatch up my phone from the nightstand and quickly shoot Cherri a text, telling her of the good news.

Suga' tits, we are goin' ta a fancy restaurant tonight!

It doesn't take long for her to answer and I grin at her reply.

What's going on? Why a fancy restaurant? Bitch, spill!

I'm free! I'm finally out of Val's grip! I text and she responds so quickly, I snort with laughter.

Omg! That definitely calls for a celebration!!! I'll pick you up in ten minutes and you can tell me how this happened. I want details!

It's all thanks ta Smiles.

The Radio Demon?!?! Holy shit Ange!!!

I have an idea, hold on fer one sec...

Leaving her on read, I stuff my phone into my pocket and leave my room. Since Alastor basically saved me from Valentino, it makes sense to invite him to go out with us and celebrate. He is to thank for this.

I'm halfway to the stairs, when I hear hushed voices. One angry and filled with static, and the other feminine and worried.

"I'm just being cautious Alastor, because your my friend. Getting tangled up in a relationship isn't the best idea." I crouch and peek over the banister to see the lady from before with her arms crossed and sizing Alastor up.

"You don't think I know that?" Alastor hisses, overlapping static rising with angry screeches. "I'm not interested in such mundane things. Must I remind you, I now own him. I did those meaningless tasks he asked of me to gain possession of his soul. There is nothing there Rosie. Nothing."

Heart sinking at his words, tears sting my eyes. Meaningless? Sure what I asked of him were a bit extreme, but I genuinely thought he enjoyed those tasks. It sure seemed like it. Alastor mentioned before that he has no feelings for me, but it still hurts to hear him say it.

For him to say he just wanted my soul all along so blunt and emotionlessly, confirming what I already thought, is absolutely crushing.

When will I learn?